Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to woose out and go play fiddle next weekend. I probably should get the wheel bearings repacked on the plastic trailer before any more trips. Now, if you had something going in say, February?
No. I'm sorry Patty but you must attend the GTG. Cookies, oops I mean lives, hang in the balance . Load up The Demon and come on down.

Sounds good Bob. We'll get those Mac carbs squared away. What carb is on the 797/895?

McCulloch flat backs. I have a kit coming from Joe Salva at Sugar Creek a Supply.

The 795 runs well and idles. You gave me a hand with my C-52 carb a few years ago and set the McCulloch the same way. I want to be sure it is correct.

BTW thanks for the advice on fuel and mix. I found a source for ethanol-free fuel here in Santa Cruz. Thanks for the advice on the oil. I don't go into details so we can avoid going down the oil thread path.

Sure. Bring them down.

If you want to do the work at the GTG that's fine. I can do it at my garage in Felton too. I have everything needed here.

I crimped on large lugs on the end of my original cables. I used an acetylene torch to take off the original terminals first. This may be a challenge in Napa.

I'll bring what I have if you want to do it in Napa. Let me know what you would like to do.

IIRC, we have a Victor wrench (oxy/ace torch setup) in the shop at the park if needed. I also keep a cheapee HF butane torch in my electrical box for soldering lugs and such.

No. I'm sorry Patty but you must attend the GTG. Cookies, oops I mean lives, hang in the balance . Load up The Demon and come on down.

It's tempting, but I am not too cheery lately. Still getting over the loss of TUD, which seems kind of silly. I have a fiddling thing on Saturday. Maybe next year?

Tomorrow I have to take the dog to the vet at 0800 then we are heading up. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive so I should be there about lunchtime or a little before. I'm dragging our big pop-up trailer. My wife and two boys are coming again and we're bringing the mutt too.

I have a friend that is an arborist for the city of Palo Alto that says he is coming up Saturday morning. He said he has a coworker that is talking about doing the same thing. I think they will be a positive addition to the group. Glenn said he will either drive his big motor home up or stay in a tent and take his pickup.

The forecast shows a 40% chance of rain Saturday morning. I hope it stays clear. See you tomorrow.

McCulloch flat backs. I have a kit coming from Joe Salva at Sugar Creek a Supply.

The 795 runs well and idles. You gave me a hand with my C-52 carb a few years ago and set the McCulloch the same way. I want to be sure it is correct.

BTW thanks for the advice on fuel and mix. I found a source for ethanol-free fuel here in Santa Cruz. Thanks for the advice on the oil. I don't go into details so we can avoid going down the oil thread path.

Carb kit came in last night but I won't have time to work on the saw until I get up to Napa. Seems like I always work on saws at the GTG... I really want to get this saw running.

Latest posts

Back