Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You still workin the Soberanes ??
I will be working at the Scout Camp doing rehab and tree work for months. I don't have enough time to do all the things I need two do. Any ideas?

BTW today the County delivered 600 filled sandbags at the top of our road. It's three miles downhill where they need to be. Good thing we have bucket forks on the backhoe. The sandbags are in (I think) those big white totes you see alongside the highway filled with refuse.

I hope that you folks have a good time and get lots done. I won't be able to make it this year and I'll miss the good times. Maybe next year if things go right.
Take lots of pictures, okay?

Bob, we'll miss you this year. I was looking forward to seeing you.

I am planning on coming up Friday morning sometime. We're pulling our trailer up again. Are we camping in the same place as last year? Would you guys be ok with us setting up where we were last year? That pop-up is pretty big.

Nathan, I have the chaps you left in my truck last year. I won't forget them.

I am planning on coming up Friday morning sometime. We're pulling our trailer up again. Are we camping in the same place as last year? Would you guys be ok with us setting up where we were last year? That pop-up is pretty big.

Bob I still want to put a relay in my headlight circuit. Do you have a part number or if you pick one up, I'll pay you at the GTG.

Yes and yes. In fact, the bulk of our last work day was bucking up and clearing the big oak that fell right smack where your truck and trailer would be. It's all clear for you now.

Bob I still want to put a relay in my headlight circuit. Do you have a part number or if you pick one up, I'll pay you at the GTG.

I set mine up with two relays, one for low beam and one for high. I can get a part number for you. It wasn't as easy as putting relays in. I had to rewire the headlights. I put a diode in the circuit so the low beams stay on when I use the high beams. It is much brighter now.

I stil have the battery terminals I bought last year for you on my workbench. Maybe you can come over later in the month and we can get both electrical mods done.

I'm going to woose out and go play fiddle next weekend. I probably should get the wheel bearings repacked on the plastic trailer before any more trips. Now, if you had something going in say, February?

Yes and yes. In fact, the bulk of our last work day was bucking up and clearing the big oak that fell right smack where your truck and trailer would be. It's all clear for you now.

Thanks Aaron. Our trailer is pretty big and that area was perfect. Plus being out of the way made it easier to put the boys to sleep.

I have a couple of big McCullochs I picked up last year that I plan to bring. I got one running yesterday. It is a 795. I need a carb kit for the other (797 in a 895 frame). I'll post pics if I get some time today and if you guys are interested. I set the carb on the 795 but would like it if you would look at it to be sure I have it right. I'm better at setting carbs in modern saws.

Thanks Aaron. Our trailer is pretty big and that area was perfect. Plus being out of the way made it easier to put the boys to sleep.

I have a couple of big McCullochs I picked up last year that I plan to bring. I got one running yesterday. It is a 795. I need a carb kit for the other (797 in a 895 frame). I'll post pics if I get some time today and if you guys are interested. I set the carb on the 795 but would like it if you would look at it to be sure I have it right. I'm better at setting carbs in modern saws.

Sounds good Bob. We'll get those Mac carbs squared away. What carb is on the 797/895?

Back