NW Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is northern Indiana cool in July?:eek: It's hotter than hell here in southern Indiana.

We could wait till 2 in the morning. But my neighbors and his little Shih-Tzu might be upset

Well the truth is, were only about 30 miles south of the big lake, so depending on the wind and weather, it could be cooler in NW IN then it might be in southern IN.

I don't really care, if its hot or not, I just don't want a all day rain storm, and we were hedging our bets that July 11 might be a good time that it won't do that.

Thankfully, my ground soaks up water like a sponge. It could rain like hell in the morning and you could be mowing in the afternoon.

Skeeters didn't really to be a problem last summer, unlike my old place.

Chris B.

I have finally got to getting this Pioneer 750 under restoration. It's all apart now getting ready for paint. I would like to think that it will be done by then. :ices_rofl:

Actually I'm shooting for having it done for the Iowa GTG.

Mark, you paint everything in restore's?

I may just have a P60 that I might want painted....

Finally, one almost in your back yard John!
Actually I don't like to let it out of my site, the way thieves have been hanging around this area. Last year I had an 025 stolen off the back of my pick up behind the house, a day or 2 ago it looked like some one had a hose in 1 of my pick up gas tanks.

new to the site ...living in north east Indiana..what time should I plan to be there and what to expect see ? look forward to meeting some other people with my saw hoarding disorder...

I'll double check with Chris about the time since its at his place and have him chime in on it.

Probably around 9 I would guess. Remember Tom and others, were on Central time here so would be a hour behind you guys east of here.

Experience tells me these things usually get underway around 9, as Mark said, and go till 4 or 5 latest. Of course, folks like to show up earlier and stay later and you are all welcome to do just that.

Chris B.

Mark, I like those pictures, that was a good GTG! The rainy morning gave way to good weather the rest of the day. I like that picture of my 5200 with the rope wrapped around it, it started when the spring broke and we kept running it that way till we were done with it or it ran out of gas... :)

That big log reminds me, we should have some 4-5' logs at the GTG too. At least one, I just got to make the arrangements to get the big SOB's loaded.

Sure hope that you and at least part of your fleet of yellow can make it, its always a pleasure.

Mark I'm going to do everything I can to make this gtg. I've been under the weather for the past two months and counting. I'm also going under the knife soon, so I can't make any promises.

Your saw is also running quite a bit better now, but I have one last thing I'm going to try. I just haven't had the energy to do much work on saws, or anything else.

I'll double check with Chris about the time since its at his place and have him chime in on it.

Probably around 9 I would guess. Remember Tom and others, were on Central time here so would be a hour behind you guys east of here.

So we go through a time warp getting to this GTG. Thats good, I'll be a younger man when I get there. ;)

Gregg,

So we go through a time warp getting to this GTG. Thats good, I'll be a younger man when I get there. ;)

Gregg,

It only works if you drive faster Gregg.

See you there, and very much looking forward to seeing at least a few of the guys I met at your place and some new ones as well.

Any update on the motel Mark? If not, let me know who to contact there and I'll make arrangements soon,

It only works if you drive faster Gregg.

See you there, and very much looking forward to seeing at least a few of the guys I met at your place and some new ones as well.

Any update on the motel Mark? If not, let me know who to contact there and I'll make arrangements soon,

Tim, I don't know of any updates since the first post. :laugh:

I'll pm you the details and will remind anyone else that would want to make a reservation at the Super 8 for a 10% discount, to PM me and I'll give them the direct number to the motel.

Latest posts

Back