It was windy…

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snausagz

Reaction score
I’ve got three stihl brand chainsaws 2-ms271 and a o25c all factory. I also have a ms440 cutoff saw… why two of the same factory saws? Well…
IMG_2856.jpeg

View attachment 1080094

Wha ha happened wuz…. I had just finished a lean-to on my shed that was closer to the tree than I thought… the tree was only about two inches from the roof of shed. Every time the wind thought about blowing the tree would hit. so after a super wild-n-crazy storm, I noticed that there were boards snapped and moved all over. Since I had just spent 3500 on materials for the shed-to-garage project it had to go… so I put a big fat wedge in on the perfectly straight monster added my side cuts and began my back cut approximately three inches above the point of the wedge. Right as I was about to step back and stick a wedge in, I heard that big pop we all know and love. She began to go perfectly in the direction I intended, that’s when a crazy powerful rouge gust of wind came out of nowhere and I **** you not stood the tree back up, from about a 10degrees lean, and dropped it in exactly the opposite direction…. On the house… YAY!!!

But what about the twins? I sat it down a few feet away from the stump, just knowing the tree was going to do as it was told. So naturally it fell on the saw… bending the bar and breaking the handle off at the block. It looked as though the case was cracked so I purchased another. A few months later I was hydrating my self 12 oz at a time when I saw the saw and thought I wonder if it will start…. After purchasing a used handle and bar, I have two fully functioning saws. The “crack” was a pine needle with mud holding it on.

Attachments

• IMG_2856.jpeg
    IMG_2856.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back