NW Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll do whatever I can to make it.

I seem to be having a hard time getting out the saws anymore, but today I just might break out the 390xp I got from ELECT6846. I could use a little practice.

I'll do whatever I can to make it.

I seem to be having a hard time getting out the saws anymore, but today I just might break out the 390xp I got from ELECT6846. I could use a little practice.

Bring it on!

I found a few saw so I plan on being there.

Thats great you found a few. Do they run? :laugh:

Someone mentioned about what size wood we would have. I just picked up a few more today for the GTG. I think we may end up with a shortage of small wood.

I don't think I ever heard anyone complain about that before though.

If it works out, we may end up with a 5' log for the 2 mans etc. Got to find something for the cants yet and I think were done. 20150412_184815 (Custom).jpg 20150412_185103 (Custom).jpg

Just letting everyone know, there will be a GTG in NW Indiana this summer. July 11th.

Cbfarmall/Chris and myself will be putting it on and it will be at his place which is between Lowell and Hebron IN.

Its only about 4 miles from the intersection of I65 and St Rt 2 and very easy to find. Take Rt 2 east of I65 about one mile then turn south on Clay street and go right at 3 miles and the place is on the west side just before the S curve.

We will have the grill fired up for lunch, probably burgers and hot dogs with chips. If anyone wants to bring a side dish, desserts, or soft drinks, that would be appreciated. Being it's July in NW IN we will have plenty of cold water there.

Also at the corner of I65 and Rt 2 there are a couple large truck stops, fast food restaurants and a couple motels. A Super 8 and a Comfort Inn.

The Super 8 has a limited number of rooms available that will be offered for early registration at a 10% discount for GTG participants. You must PM me for the direct number to call for the registration, do not call central reservation or you won't get the discount.

There are also plenty of other motels etc just a few miles north and south on I65.

All participants will probably be asked to sign a liability waiver, just so you know. I think we will have plenty of wood to cut and decent size as well. If we get to it, we will try to have some cant's milled up for racing if thats what folks would like to do. We would be open to someone volunteering to organise the racing.

We would like to start a head count when time gets closer (end of May, first of June) so we have a idea on how many would be attending. Any questions can be directed to myself or Chris and we will do our best to answer them.

If someone could tell me how or can make this a sticky, thanks.

Mark, my boys and I will try our best to be there. Been a while since we been around a bunch of saw freaks like ourselves.

Hope it works out. Might want to follow that ole guy from Jenera to make sure he don't get lost.. :laugh:

LOL, I bet ya I can find my way, even without no stinking GPS!!! I may be an old fart. Just makes me old enough to remember what a road map is, and how to read it. (I hope) :laugh:

Gregg,

LOL, I bet ya I can find my way, even without no stinking GPS!!! I may be an old fart. Just makes me old enough to remember what a road map is, and how to read it. (I hope) :laugh:

Gregg,

Just don't forget your glasses to read the map with. :givebeer:

Don't take 30 all the way to 65, you want to drop down south way before that.

Latest posts

Back