• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold OEM Stihl 044 crank, piston, cyls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they both mahle cylinders?did both the cylinders and the cranks come off the same saw? Sorry for asking the queations but the 10 mm crank saws had angle fin cylinders and i heard that a 12 mm cylinder wont fit a 10 mm piston and cylinder the rings will hang in teansfers but you can put a 1o mm cylinder on a 12 mm saw im possibly interested but wanna make sure what you have thanx

Are they both mahle cylinders?did both the cylinders and the cranks come off the same saw? Sorry for asking the queations but the 10 mm crank saws had angle fin cylinders and i heard that a 12 mm cylinder wont fit a 10 mm piston and cylinder the rings will hang in teansfers but you can put a 1o mm cylinder on a 12 mm saw im possibly interested but wanna make sure what you have thanx

I will check if they a Maule cyls tonight. Can't say for sure if they were out of the same saw. I had 2 split cases, 2 cranks, 2 cylinders that were already separated. But from what I have been told, the straight fin and the straight fin with decomp button are 10mm cyls. And I measured the piston pins and they are 10mm

I will check if they a Maule cyls tonight. Can't say for sure if they were out of the same saw. I had 2 split cases, 2 cranks, 2 cylinders that were already separated. But from what I have been told, the straight fin and the straight fin with decomp button are 10mm cyls. And I measured the piston pins and they are 10mm

Seems to be lots of confusion in this thread. Let me help you clear it up.

They never made a straight fin decomp cylinder for 10mm 044's. Your decomp cylinder is for ms440. Your other non decomp cylinder is off of a 12mm 044, not a 10mm 044.

I'm not sure where you measured the piston pins, but those two cranks you have in the pictures are not 10mm crankshafts, I can tell just from looking at them that they are 12mm crankshafts.

They made some changes to the rod and counter weights, when they changed from 10 to 12. Just by looking at your pictures I can tell those are 12mm crankshafts.

Here are two pictures of 10mm vs 12mm crankshafts, 10mm on the left, 12mm on the right.

DSCN7907.JPG

DSCN7909.JPG

Latest posts

Back