Old red cedar is it worth milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAH, Your not alone so don't feel bad. I have all the stuff to do it but haven't done anything for two years now. Mostly because I only have time in the winter to do milling and the last two years I haven't done anything at all , mostly because of either too much snow or too cold. So I give myself a good excuse not to mill. Besides I have too many slabs as it is thinking of all the different projects I am going to do that never seem to happen. I wish I could sell some of this wood but can't seem to do that either. I have tried but no takers.

My biggest thing about milling is that the mill is out at a friends farm. We're good friends and both have our own tree services so we decided to buy the mill and kiln together and keep it out there. He never uses it and I never get out there to use it. I just called him and talked to him about letting me buy him out and moving it to my property. He's fine with that so maybe I'll do that this spring. If I had it here, I'd probably go out there all the time. It's just kind of an undertaking to move it here and get everything set up. Probably have to pour some concrete.

Back