Oleo- Mac 999 PP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Eric, that's a good idea, why didn't I think of that? If it's ok with Dan then I will do it, but the 999 is so imfamous that it has actually appeciated and is worthy of the club of clubs award. Ed said he could smarten it up in 1 hr., but doesn't want to detract from it's value as a museum piece.
John

you could always do what i told you to do with your 385, sense running over it with your skidder it is working better, so driving 85 mph down the 400 just throw it out the door , if that does not help collect from your insurance company, problem solved

Hey Ben,

Could you have the"WoodsMartinDonkey" take a picture of his best piece of barbed-wire too?

Ben
"Right out of your play book, eh woodsdonkie. Why don't you take some pics of that lemon Dozer Dan 7900 to go with it"
That sounds like it may be out of your play book. If you see the pictures, I am sure that you will be the first one on the phone, giving out great details about the work and the location of them.
As far as the Lemon goes, please explain the Lemon part. The saw is still running and it has no problems. And yes the port timing figures are not the same now as when it left here. The interesting part is that woodsdonkie just ordered a Dolmar 9010 from me and he asked me to use the same numbers that I installed in his "Makita 6401-7901".
It is my understanding that you are not very far away from Dave's. It may be interesting to see how well your 026 and your 346 run. After the race you may want to sell off some more of your Stihls and purchase some more of that JapCrap.
Later
Dan

Regardless of what excuse you come up with this week("doesnt take to porting well", "torque saw") everyone knows that Erics 7900 is a dog. Now I am sure he will come on here and say its not, but why didnt he pull it out of the truck at Gypos? FWIW It may be a better saw now as Dave Neiger reported it after you.
As for the 9010. Is this one of your freebee jobs?
As for daves show. i might show up, but the only mod saw I have is a greffard 260. I dont own a 346.

Call me Stupid.....DUH!!!

So what is this all about? Are you people saying that Dans saws are not what their all cracked up to be? I was considering buying Gypo's Olemac and have bought one of Dan's ported saw from another site member, but have not received it yet.

Lets not beat around the bush. Just tell it like it is. If the stuffs no good sell it on Ebay and not to members of this site.

PM me if your do not want to discuss this on this post.

Ben
I stand corrected, bring your 260 not 026 to Dave's.
You had better do your homework on what saw Eric didn't have out of his truck. You will find that it wasn't his Makita. To my knowledge, he has no Dolmar 7900.
Yes Eric's saw was reported by Dave. Now ask Eric whose timing figures are in the saw now. They came from me!

KD 372 port figures
Now that is a real interesting one. How would you know what numbers I use on any given saw? Are they the same? Are they all different? Yes when I first started to port saws, I did use those numbers but I haven't for some time now. Send a PM off to Rockyj he bought Eric's 372 and that was one of my first ones. He also has another one of my 372s with my latest numbers in. Ask him what saw runs the best and by how much.
I added some pictures to my web space for your viewing pleasure.
Later
Dan

Originally posted by bwalker
Right out of your play book, eh woodsdonkie. Why dont you take some pics of that lemon Dozer Dan 7900 to go with it. Thats two boat anchors in one thread. Must be a record.

Well Ben that just about sums it, Now I have no doubt as to who spread all the BS about the EPH 357 thanks for all your time and efforts.
I hope to meat you down at Dave's get together so you can teach me all about oils and fuels we all have a lot to learn from you their, it should be a fun outing. As far as the 7900 it was no secret I wasn't happy to begin with, but I am now thanks to Dan and Dave both it will take a good 7900 to shame it now.
Like Dave originally told me at least the 7900 was salvageable as I an sure the 999 is so dbgypo my offer still stands to buy it from you.

"Could you have the"WoodsMartinDonkey" take a picture of his best piece of barbed-wire too?"
joelamb,
Better yet send me your Phone # and mailing address and I will send you a piece of my barbed-wire for your inspection.

Yes Eric's saw was reported by Dave. Now ask Eric whose timing figures are in the saw now. They came from me!
If your figures are on why would Eric have Dave play with it in the first place ? Was it a Dozer Dud?
Now its coming back to me.....That dozer Dud makita got beat by a stocker that only had one tank run through it.
Whats this about a RS cylinder on the stocker?...Oh yea thats another lie as they never imported any to the usa.

Eric
It will probably be a no show at Dave's but take plenty of pictures for him. I can put them on my web space for his viewing pleasure. He knows how to find them.
Ben
Who did you call and talk to about the 357? You even told the man the location of the pictures?
Later
Dan

John
To get thing back on topic and help sell your saw, here is a copy of a PM that Ed sent me.

I donot know what got in to that 999 , Gypo's gas must of had water or something in it cause when i fixed his skidder's rearend i told him to bring it , i put a 33 inch .404 bar and chain on it , put my gas in to it, it ran great never touched the jets , should make a great mill saw

Later
Dan

Hey wait a minute what the hell is going on here. I see what is going on people are trying to drive wedges here. A PM is a classified personal document.

Of course it's only OK when gypo gives out his password.
Let's not drive a wedge between John and Ed. Don't make me call Douglas Grabcock and come over there in his helicopter. You know what and Italion helicopter sounds like....... Whop Whop whop Whop........

signal.jpg

I'd head that Pirelli tires, well, dego wop wop wop.  Actually, I had a set on my roadrace bike years ago that I liked better than anything else I've ever run.

On the one hand, I don't give a rat's ass about what's going on behind the scenes here with Dan and valve timing figures he may or may not use on an engine.  The gist of it seems to be that he only uses one set of figures he'd gotten from Ken.  So what the hell if he did/does?  If they work, that's great.  This ain't rocket science.  Valve timing figures are well-known for the different characteristics they impart to an engine at various speeds and with various valve sizes.  And it's not like Ken came up with those figures on his own.  Even in the very remote chance he did arrive at them entirely independently, he wasn't the first and he won't be the last.

(Ken, I don't see you involving yourself in this, so I'm not speaking of you.)

What I see going on is some of those who seem to believe themselves to be icons around here are big babies and acting like it, nothing more.

Glen

WoodsMartinDonkey,

When you can "File" a tooth like this, we'll all call you "TheDonkeyMan"!

If they work
Thats the point Glens. On set of figures does not work for all saws and in fact may only work well for the saw they where intended for. Porting a saw and coming up with a set of figures is two differant animals. Many people can port saws. Comparativly few understand the complex relationship between port timing figures to come up with a good set on their own.
Who did you call and talk to about the 357?
I really dont know what your talking about and I dont know what that has to do with you building duds.

Last edited:
Back