Opps!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, sadly its a little tough for us guys to get ahold of the right number and get it done. That's why I suggested one tell the homeowner ( a paying customer to the power co.) to make the call and demand the service.

I think as service proffesionals we deserve covered wires. I gave up trying to " sneak" through those jobs.

I feel for you guys who can't/won't/don't get the utility to do their part by keeping hv lines clear, covered, or de-energized.

I use the utility 10-15 times every year, either to take down lv service drops, or to perform a make safe on anything within 10' of hv. I've got the number on speed dial to go to the utilities forestry division, and they WANT to help. For free.

The longest I've ever had to wait was a job this spring, and communications got crossed up as part of it, but it was 5-6 weeks from the initial call till they cut the tree back 10' from the lines. Normally it takes a week or two to get whatever I need them to do done.

To me, anybody who is intentionally putting themselves and their crew at risk by assuming the responsibility of clearing HV lines without a utility contract is very foolish.

It's simple. If you are not QUALIFIED and AUTHORIZED, stay the hell away from HV. If the utility won't do anything to fulfill their responsibility, MAKE THEM. It would be well worth a few hundred bucks worth of lawyer correspondence to have them doing their job. I honestly very much doubt that it would ever get to needing a lawyer to write some letters. Find out who's in charge of the division you need help from and get them on the phone. I really find it hard to believe that there are utilities out there who refuse to be responsible for their right of way.

Or just refuse the job.

But just assuming the liability and responsibility without documenting the refusal of the utility to fulfill their responsibility, is crazy.

Danno-----Im not all riled up just adding to the thread & Matt.............oh Matt, "calling you out" Dude you come on here spouting off saying you work line clearance, you have a tester to tell if lines are live or dead & then you make a statement about Davey & Asplundh not having the ability to afford or use cranes........(laughable) but you were called in to HELP Aspy pick a tree off a trailer with a downed wire?

I think i read somewhere you`re making 5k a day? Welp..........Ill keep this friendly, I didnt call ya a liar or a thief...but yer posts sure dont make you look truthful & saying you didnt wanna spend 1k a tester or more when you have an inside source getting you those testers is a little less than a legal purchase, uhh?

I guess aplundh & Davey are doing it all wrong? I mean you`re making 5k a day & have equipment these guys dream about, along with a tainted knowledge of energized conductors you test lines & see fit to help out AA when he needs it?

Anyone can lease equipment, nice new shiney equipment, I have a broker trying to talk me into a 1/2 million in lease equip contract cause guys like you sooner or later go belly up, then that nice equipment needs a new home, Im not interested in all that crap.

stay honest, be a pro, dont gloat or embellish cause Karma has a way of putting you in yer place, maybe you forget many on this site have more years doing tree work/line clearance than you are old? I dont need to drive a 1/2 hr to look at equipment you dont own but are buying/leasing. remember I Know Jim & Rich your old bosses at Bartlett.................but we dont need to go there do we?

Good Luck matt & Godbless

LXT.........

Danno-----Im not all riled up just adding to the thread & Matt.............oh Matt, "calling you out" Dude you come on here spouting off saying you work line clearance, you have a tester to tell if lines are live or dead & then you make a statement about Davey & Asplundh not having the ability to afford or use cranes........(laughable) but you were called in to HELP Aspy pick a tree off a trailer with a downed wire?

I think i read somewhere you`re making 5k a day? Welp..........Ill keep this friendly, I didnt call ya a liar or a thief...but yer posts sure dont make you look truthful & saying you didnt wanna spend 1k a tester or more when you have an inside source getting you those testers is a little less than a legal purchase, uhh?

I guess aplundh & Davey are doing it all wrong? I mean you`re making 5k a day & have equipment these guys dream about, along with a tainted knowledge of energized conductors you test lines & see fit to help out AA when he needs it?

Anyone can lease equipment, nice new shiney equipment, I have a broker trying to talk me into a 1/2 million in lease equip contract cause guys like you sooner or later go belly up, then that nice equipment needs a new home, Im not interested in all that crap.

stay honest, be a pro, dont gloat or embellish cause Karma has a way of putting you in yer place, maybe you forget many on this site have more years doing tree work/line clearance than you are old? I dont need to drive a 1/2 hr to look at equipment you dont own but are buying/leasing. remember I Know Jim & Rich your old bosses at Bartlett.................but we dont need to go there do we?

LXT.........

Some one rep this guy for me. I owe you a beer if I ever get back out your way.

Jeff

LXT.........

Owned.

LXT.........

Repped:rock:

Got him for you.

Gologit your a moderator correct? What kind of incentive would there be for you to keep a fight going? it only helps corrupt a place your supposed to protect. After Dougs post i called him up so we could get things squared away and worked out. and in the end we both agreed on good terms. I'm sure he will chime in whenever he gets a chance. Cant see the point in trying to turn confrontations ugly.

Gologit your a moderator correct? What kind of incentive would there be for you to keep a fight going? it only helps corrupt a place your supposed to protect. After Dougs post i called him up so we could get things squared away and worked out. and in the end we both agreed on good terms. I'm sure he will chime in whenever he gets a chance. Cant see the point in trying to turn confrontations ugly.

I "liked" a post, and I "liked" it as a member, not as a moderator.

I sent you a PM in response to yet another of your reported posts. Instead of issuing an infraction I thought maybe some friendly advice was in order and that maybe you could benefit from it.
Apparently I was wrong.

Your post constitutes complaining about site moderation...and for no real reason.

Par for the course, of course ...

Watch out Matt, I got banned last time for complaining about the moderation on this site. some here are pretty casual with slanderous comments and LXT as a former law enforcement official (so he says) should be aware of laws pertaining to same., as well as the penalties that can be imposed.

Making such comments is part of the unhealthy "banter" that goes on here, but somebody is going to get T'ed of enough one day to make a court case over it.

Fools who "Rep" this type of public postings are only making the situation worse, but of course they won't be on the docket, so it's faint praise for bad behavior.

But more on topic, I made $2500 today but I'm not sure if it was worth it in 95 degree heat. We took down a Butternut tree that had failed and split, as well as two Pines that posed a danger to the home. Everything stayed on the estate, and I didn't even bring the dump truck. The Steiner did it's usual great job of dragging everything up into the woods to create an environmentally friendly wildlife habitat for the customer.

I'm taking my chipper back to Mitts & Merrell for remanufacture next week so I can stop selling those wildlife habitats to my customers.

Fourth of July is coming up soon and I wish everyone a happy holiday, just don't use fireworks without adult supervision ...

~ the Aerialist ...

edit: Ooops, well Matt I see you did get banned while I composed this post, I guess I just have precognition about how this place works. Living well is the best revenge. Now you can stop wasting time here for a few days and make more money while you're banned than most here will make in a month or two.

Last edited:
Money is how we keep score ...

Doug, why do you alway's advertise the money you make? Are you that insecure?
BTW, it has been nice with-out you.
Jeff

Because I want you to know that I make 5 ~ 10 times more than you do Jeff, as a wage slave. If you had any grit at all you'd be running your own business not being a lackey for somebody else's business. I climb trees very day, when is the last time you did that?

But don't worry about me posting too much my time is far more valuable than to waste it here where amongst the dregs of the tree business.

Latest posts

Back