Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

porting a cylinder

Discussion in 'ArboristSite.com International' started by SNAKESNAKE, Jan 7, 2017.

1. SNAKESNAKE

SNAKESNAKE ArboristSite Lurker

Hello again thanks 4 the ring gap info anyone know about porting a saw cyl and how many thossand should u grind off the intake side and exhaust side and should u also grinde the cyl skirt which is nikasil plated I will hone the cyl out afterwords thanks snake

2. Westboastfaller

Westboastfaller Addicted to ArboristSite

Your are pushing it now snake..lol
    Search some threads

3. giver

giver ArboristSite Member

Have you ported a cylinder before

4. SNAKESNAKE

SNAKESNAKE ArboristSite Lurker

yes but never went as far is grinding the actual cylinder wall itself just as close to it as possible did not know if i should of ground and opened some of the cylinder wall also then run a honer through it

5. giver

giver ArboristSite Member

Ok on the intake and exhaust it's ok to widen them a bit. If you start to lower or heighten them it will affect you timing. After you have done a couple than you can start to play around with lowering intakes or taking some of the piston skirt, it's best to do lots of reading and studying before you play with port timing. Pay attention to places a ring can snag too, that's never good:dumb2: