Poulan S6000 Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNewberger

Magnesium Recycler
Reaction score
I recently came across a Poulan S6000. I would like to use it for some light milling work in the spring/summer. It seems to be in good condition but it is missing the choke rod and the felling spikes. I don't need the felling spikes but I definitely need the choke rod. Does anybody happen to know of one for sale?

So here's your problem... that's actually a dolmar 152/3. They are rare birds and not a lot of parts floating around for them. I'd call the phone number on Chainsawr.com and see what he has. That's your best bet.

There might be something else you can do and that's make your own. They are literally just a rod with a knob on the end and a drilled hole in the far end. You could use a bolt or some rod to do the push pull and a small cotter pin to connect the rod to the carb. Just like OEM. They also used a rubber grommet where it passes through the case.

0016028d1ba342489132c79a4a0a1364.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help. I have a DIY one in place right now but I'd like to find an OEM if possible.

I thought it was a pretty good deal. I was looking for a milling saw and this girl looks like she will play the part. I'm planning to buy a Granberg mill so I still need to get a smaller bar (36" or under) and a couple of ripping chains for it. I know now that these are sort of collector's items but it was mostly just an economical way for me to get a milling saw.

I thought it was a pretty good deal. I was looking for a milling saw and this girl looks like she will play the part. I'm planning to buy a Granberg mill so I still need to get a smaller bar (36" or under) and a couple of ripping chains for it. I know now that these are sort of collector's items but it was mostly just an economical way for me to get a milling saw.

Maybe you should trade another midwesterner for a 660/066 for milling and keep the milling time off the antiques...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you should trade another midwesterner for a 660/066 for milling and keep the milling time off the antiques...

I would probably be open a trade. I'm not attached to this saw and if a newer Stihl would be a better option for a milling saw, I would be willing to do a trade.

I would probably be open a trade. I'm not attached to this saw and if a newer Stihl would be a better option for a milling saw, I would be willing to do a trade.

What are you doing in the spring? Iowa Spring chainsaw Get together is coming soon... and I have a couple spare 066/660's laying around. [emoji6]

Latest posts

Back