ripoff alert on sawmill wheels

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cedarhollow

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just found out I got ripped off on a pair of 19" sawmill wheels I bought on ebay for $230 plus shipping.
the con artist is sending out 18.75 or 19" single groove "B" size pulleys. just like what surplus center sells for $48 and the seller also generously provides $8 bushings and maybe a $10 belt to put in the pulley groove to support the belt.
I have been gathering bits and pieces to build a sawmill and finally decided to bite the bullet, spend the money and buy real sawmill wheels.
when I opened the box that arrived today I was more than just a little bit pisssed off.
just want to let others know so you won't make the same mistake. i guess i'm back to planning to use some spare car or trailer wheels

I sent seller of these pulley's a message voicing my disgust, we'll see what happens.
I have seen the linnlumber site. I have read that the blade supports they offer are highly recommended, I was thinking that 1 1/4" blade is pretty common on many bandsaws mills.
as far as ebay supporting customers, that may have been the way it was years ago but just last year i bought a bunch of tractor parts and recieved two little paper filters instead of a fuel pump and filter housings, ebay sided with the seller because they had a tracking number even though the package i received was way too small to even hold the parts i ordered. I sent pictures with the dispute thing. I lost about $300, learned an ebay lesson the hard way and since dispute was resolved by ebay I could not even leave any feedback. So now ebay's feedback system is flawed if only satisfied customers are allowed to leave feedback.

Back