Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I process and deliver about 500 cords a year. This year won't be quite as much, I was in the hospital and on bed rest for over 2 months (almost died from a lung infection) and even now I'm not 100%

Born and raised in northern Maine (almost as north as possible). Moved to AK about 15 years ago, Elmendorf AFB was my first assignment.

Long story short I bounced around here and there at Uncle Sam's will for about 12 years, ended back at Elmendorf (pretty much impossible to do too). Got hurt, budget cuts meant reduction in manning so eventually I was given the boot with a disability. Decided to stay here.

So health issues... yeah I'm falling apart pretty much and it sucks.
But it doesn't stop me from working when I can.

A load of Fir from last week. There is so much Free Wood on Craigslist around me, it just depends how far I want to drive. I was probably pretty close to the #3500 limit of the trailer!

29197500414_7d0209ca21_b.jpg

Well maybe I should add something to my thread as I have done very lil wood work since spring thaw so here ya go....

IMG_6427.JPG

IMG_6428.JPG

My BIL had some ant damaged tree's soooo... get on my trailer... load 1 of 2. Sorry Forgot pic's of the second one.

BTW there will be a new thread coming soon, Runnin' Loads 2016-17 so keep a look out for it.

We could do that but it would take some with the admin power I believe.

If we can get it done great, if not then the the new thread should be out in a couple weeks when I start swingin' and abusing trucks.

Many thanks @TonyK

Getting all of the photos in here is more important than possibly losing continuity in the older posts. As they go by year it should line up pretty well.

Thanks SVK! Non-traditional?? Huh? The advantage of my hatchback is the floor is level with the bumper, so don't need to lift big rounds high to load, just pivot them over another chunk and roll 'em in! I've carried many[too many!] 800lb loads. I carried a full sized frig but couldn't quite close the hatch all the way... still, I think it's got 57cu/ft capacity. Here's a pic of some walnut 'project wood', compliments of Irene.

So I'm getting close to done for 4ft's this year as I just have to fill in that dip, that'll be a nice thing happen soon as quadin' season is going to upon us soon.

View attachment 494111

View attachment 494112

View attachment 494113

Not a huge failure but my vise on the truck has acted up when I turn it while sharpening saws, well I found out why today. The bolt in the center had backed out. I'll fix it some time this week.

View attachment 494114

Damn I wish my other phone would take pic's like this.....

Keep the load's coming .... or are you guy's done runnin' loads for the year?

Looks like the truck gets quite the workout.

100_2892.JPG 100_2890.JPG Good score yesterday, I have a coworker that had dropped a couple popular the other day and told me I could have them. I thought while its not worth much to burn its better than nothing, and like a squirrel packing away for winter might as well get it. I showed up and it turned out to be oak that had cured standing and laying within 10 foot of his driveway Woo Hoo! Didn't get a good load in yesterday as I didnt want to run the saw after 7 pm and tick off the neighbors but its mine to have and I got probably 3 good loads left.

Latest posts

Back