Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's fall time again and time to start runnin' loads for 2015 - 16 ....

Here' s load of horse kill tree's that I took out of one our pens. Yes, that is a jack all holding up the rear cause some of them were still wet, the rest were 2% moisture piece of coal, and it being well over a cord there's some weight there.

photo 1 (3).JPG

photo 3 (2).JPG

photo 2 (2).JPG

photo 4.JPG

Go forth and chuck some chips....

Attachments

• photo 1 (3).JPG
    photo 1 (3).JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 58
Well it is a ford so it definitely isn't any good for hauling that wood...

I'm a huge GM/Chevy guy through and through but my dad had an old late 70's F150 that had a 460 in it and 1 ton running gear, it road like absolute **** unless it was loaded up clear to the top of the cab. Did a lot of ridin around with him deliverin wood back in the day.

Well your kinda off the mark a bit, the truck is for hauling wood, not storing it. By the time I got it loaded it was too dark for a good pic so I put the jack under it to take the stress off the springs over night and took pic's in the morning, went to work and unloaded it tonight.

It gets dark around here early until daylight savings kicks in again and pic's after dark suck, did it anyway for ya.

photo 3 (3).JPG

16 C or so ready to go for 2015 and 2016.

photo 1 (4).JPG

12 C or so far left for 2017, 1 and a bit scattered down the pallets to keep the horses off em, stacking out this winter for 2018

photo 2 (3).JPG

This threads about runnin' loads, lets see your loads.....and keep em coming

So it's fall time again and time to start runnin' loads for 2015 - 16 ....

Here' s load of horse kill tree's that I took out of one our pens. Yes, that is a jack all holding up the rear cause some of them were still wet, the rest were 2% moisture piece of coal, and it being well over a cord there's some weight there.

View attachment 450689

View attachment 450690

View attachment 450691

View attachment 450693

Go forth and chuck some chips....

Popple is heavy as snot when wet. Ugh.

Do you have an outdoor boiler that accepts pieces that large or is that your wood that's too be processed a little further?

I have an OWB that takes 4fts, so nothing else to do except stack em. Larger wood or crooked I will block into pieces under 2 ft and split. I cut standing and fallen dead for the most part so it's pretty dry to begin with. Basic plan is, cut it to 4ft, knock off the knots and get in the pile....

Been a fairly non photogenic year as I have been just hauling a bit here and there. Here's a half decent load as the rest was kibbles and cut offs that weren't loaded yet but the sun was going down and had to get a pic soon as it takes even worse pic's in any less light.

0226161809a.jpg

0226161815b.jpg

0226161816a.jpg

0226161815a.jpg

Lets see your loads!!!

IMG_20160220_115722386_zpsqtxkyccj.jpg

Ya, those are some pretty decent loads, keep em coming cause my day ended with one of these....

IMG_5436[1].JPG

took a branch to the eye and scratched it pretty good, nothing too serious but I'll off the saw for a while.

Ya, I'll be Ok in a few days as I took a branch pretty hard to my right eye soooo I no look so good right now. Not the first time and won't be the last.

Not too long after I started wearing my husky helmet with the face shield I took a good one across my face. Paid for itself that day.

So I'm back on the saw again as my eye is about 95% healed, soooo nice to be back in the bush and off the couch but, wow, was it hot the last few days, above 32 so everything is melting and I'm barely put on a evening fire in the OWB with just day cut kibbles, which is the stuff at the back of the truck, mostly dead dry willow and cut offs, knots....

0307161955a.jpg

Pretty piss poor pic, sorry, as I had other stuff to do as soon as I came back and that's the best my phone would do. I didn't try to hard at stacking the top coupla 4's on the front as they were going to the stack about 10min after the pic was taken. There should be a few more part loads this week to come.

How are your loads coming? Lets see em!!!

Well, it's always good to be rolling with confidence on quality rubber rated for the load and it definitely appears to the blindeye that all the wood was properly secured for transport. Excellent!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Back