Saw meets gas----

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I get a call from a service guy I do some saws for( in exchange mostly for firewood dropped off). Says "my guys filled the saws with straight gas-and blew two up" (441 and 201t)

grrrr( says me)

(who do I send the bill for that one too- i mutter under my breath)

I ask him who the new "mechanic" is that leaves gas on a site where NO STRAIGHT gas is used ??
Cans should only be filled with MIX( 40:1). No machines use gas on his jobs. keeps things simple.
Longer story short- the 441 in the pic is well blown. (Top end ordered). But the 201t is just slightly scored ( for now) and running after almost an entire tank of Straight gas run through it. There was just enough left in tank to confirm no mix.
Amazing.

(441 Pic below for educational purposes only as no saws were damaged in the posting of this thread :) )

441%20cyl%20pics_zpsmputsi5k.jpg

Never fails to amaze me at how many people straight-gas two-stroke equipment. Even some with "experience".

A few years ago, I sold a new / unused ECHO line trimmer. Actually, I traded it and some cash for a brand-new SIG P-250C handgun chambered in .40 cal.

The guy that traded with me was a tow-truck driver. I made sure that I told him the trimmer required gas / oil mix, at least 5 times or so.

When all was said and done, and as he was walking away, he stopped, turned, and said........Does this require a gas and oil mix? He then started laughing and thanked me for making sure he understood the fuel requirements.

Never fails to amaze me at how many people straight-gas two-stroke equipment. Even some with "experience".

A few years ago, I sold a new / unused ECHO line trimmer. Actually, I traded it and some cash for a brand-new SIG P-250C handgun chambered in .40 cal.

The guy that traded with me was a tow-truck driver. I made sure that I told him the trimmer required gas / oil mix, at least 5 times or so.

When all was said and done, and as he was walking away, he stopped, turned, and said........Does this require a gas and oil mix? He then started laughing and thanked me for making sure he understood the fuel requirements.

Did the brick come for free with that 250 or did you have to pay extra for the trigger weight?

Handbrake loved the 250 in the store.
After shooting 1 round thru it the day I bought it, she couldn't give it back to me fast enough.
She went back to her Glock, and I set a $100 bill on Fire... [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

Did the brick come for free with that 250 or did you have to pay extra for the trigger weight?

After shooting 1 round thru it the day I bought it, she couldn't give it back to me fast enough.
She went back to her Glock, and I set a $100 bill on Fire... [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

The brick was free. In regards to trigger pull, I adjust to the gun. I have a couple of DAO's and like them.

Target shooting can necessitate a handgun with a lighter trigger pull. But.....when TSHTF, adrenaline pretty much takes over and heavy trigger pull is no longer is an issue or concern.

Should buff right out....

Ang, you gonna try to save that jug?

Yes I am. Its all the piston bits I'm weary of though. may have to split it or gamble and "wash them out" through the bearings w/o the seals.
I may send it up to you to have the threads redone for the AV as they are stripped and the suspension is like a floppy ol lady.
I'll have a better look at it once it comes off next week.

yea a lean saw + straight gas!! ouch!!!

yea people straight gas stuff all the time , and they run that water-gas in their equipment too--

no wonder there are dead two strokers all over flea-bay!!!

A friend had one for sale, and another friend was looking foir a carry piece. He bought it, and he and his wife qualified for their CHL using it. Last I heard they love it. Guns are like saws and tools: one size does not fit all.

Back