Fuel Mix Colour Change ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't commenting on the fuel color in your saws at all, just that best practice for 2 month old pump gas is to dump it and replace it with fresh fuel.

The part of my quote about fuel dye was referring to another post about off road diesel being burned in a torpedo heater, nothing to do with your saws at all.

In this case, I think you missed the key point.
My apologies. You had my comment in the "quoted" reply and I understood your response to read like you were commenting on the fuel colour change in my saw.

I've seen that before and I run red mix. Sometimes turned orange in different saw tanks when dumping. Not a clue why it happens.
Always thought it was because the orange or red tanks for some reason. Never seen it other colored tanks. That I can recall.

But I am talking orange orange. Not like straight E-gas pink etc.

Now with my E-free 90 I run it is yellow when straight.

View attachment 1121498
I had told ya way back on first page even. @the detached garage

two munkys one kup
😵‍💫
spam.gif

Yes I know you did and thank you. It's always good to hear from others and their experience. I got a lot out of this thread. All the little pieces of info add up and I am now comfortable knowing that I have a good answer to this issue. Thanks again.
I dumped some year old efree RED mix from a black tank the other day. Came out blackish in color. Weird how the plastic leech color to them.

I dumped some year old efree RED mix from a black tank the other day. Came out blackish in color. Weird how the plastic leech color to them.
Thanks for this post Redneck. I think we can definitely conclude the tank is leaching colour. I just hope this isn't going to degrade the tank and/or make it brittle.

Wonder if the detergents in the oil can pull petroleum based dyes out of plastic tanks.
I think this is a sound conclusion. I also wonder if it's the detergents as you suggest or some other additive in the oil. Be curious to learn if this is only an issue with synthetic 2 stroke oils or all of them.

Latest posts

Back