Saw Recomendation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a few people warn me about the weight and starting difficulty of the 880
Where possible to start I use both hands, if a helper is present get them to hand onto the mill, if not and am able to I brace it with my left foot and heave away!

I got the MS880 a few weeks back and absolutely love it!
The first couple of weekends I cut up a few yellow pine and poplar logs but this past weekend I put it into a black walnut log that fell awhile back.
It tore through the log like a hot knife through butter.
The stump on the other hand, was a whole different story. I had a hell of a time with all the dirt and grit but I ended up with some really pretty figured slabs for coffee tables.uploadfromtaptalk1425947072360.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425947081811.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425947090664.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425947095185.jpg

Might be the first one. Let us know how the mtronic takes care of it.

Maybe I missed something. Isn't the (R) just for a full-wrap handle? My dealer recently said they can't get a half wrap anymore for the 661 for some reason they don't know.

According to the Stihl website, which could be old, the mtronic only goes to 560. I haven't tried the mtronic yet, but I'm keen to hear how it works, especially for heavier work.

Happy milling!

You're brave milling stumps. If the there is one thi g i avoid is sharpening chains after a gritty run. Nice slabs though,.....worth the effort.

Back