Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattMorin

Reaction score
SPEEDCUT NANO CONVERSION KIT, 14" - ECHO CS-355t
Not yet.... :reading: but maybe with your help...

Someone said to me the other day "Oh you gotta put the Nano on that saw..." I had just told them I was buying a new cs-355t and planned to do a little work to it to wake it up.

My name is Matt new guy and first time poster long time reader. I've been cutting since I was a kid and own a small quiver of saws this being my first top handle I'll primarily be using it for trail work and light cleanup. I've got a couple milling saws and a felling saw that will still do the majority of the work. From what I've been reading this thing should be quite capable and comes with a better price tag then the 201t.

My hit list of upgrades...
  • Improve Intake and Exhaust
    • Check...
    • I took the baffle out and increases the intake channel size, I ordered an Egan performance pipe and am planning to drop the saw off for a tune.
  • Dogs
    • Check...
    • I ordered a three tooth from WCS. love them.
  • Dust cover
    • Check...
    • Simple snag from echo
  • Bar and chain
    • (Full Stop)
Like I said, I like the idea of a narrow kerf and a little shorter bar. So I went to Oregon and got stuck... I found that they make a conversion kit for the 303T, 271T and the 2511t just not the 355t. I went back to Echo... talked to a rep and discovered the 303T and the 355t can share the same spur gear... (Wrong.) Yes, it will fit in the clutch plate and it will bolt on however the oiler worm gear has two teeth on it that work with the 6 tooth spur gear that came with the 355t when I tried installing the 7 tooth spur gear that came with the conversion kit for the 303T (I know...Bonehead Move) it caused some problems that I didn't expect nor know to look for when putting it back together. Apparently, I didn't get a good seat and when I pulled the saw over I chipped the teeth on the oiler worm gear and broke all three clutch shoes which sent me back to the drawing board...

I've ordered oem replacement parts at this point and have just about given up on the nano conversion. Unless someone knows of a different oiler worm gear, a different spur sprocket or some other idea that could work with the bar and chain...

I've read mixed reviews in the Panther kit and have always had good luck with Oregon. Any suggestions or direction you all have would be greatly appreciated. If I can't figure it out I have two conversion kits and a few extra chains that may need to find a new home...

Kit Part Number 637257 and 614384 (Sent to me by mistake...) Kits have spur gear, 14" bar and chains...
Chain Part Number 80TXL059

Thanks y'all I appreciate any support you all might be able to share.
Best,
You're Newbie Bonehead... Matt

Attachments

• IMG_2640.jpg
    IMG_2640.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Send it off for porting, you will not need all these gimmick add on's once it is ported. Second why use a top handle for ground work? they are far less safe and a lot harder on the user without the rear handle for added balance.

Latest posts

Back