Saws 'n stuff in Japan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEAM

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This Mac returned to me yesterday. 10 years ago a friend needed a cheap, big, reliable und startable saw (he was 68 years old that time). I sold him this CP80DX as I had several of them and he liked the saw.
He used it to for logging on his property and also to cut the posts and beams for a house. During that time all it got was a carb overhaul, a fresh fuel line and a new (used) coil assy along with a couple of points services and several new chains/sprockets.
Getting older, he decided the saw was getting too heavy for him to use and returned it to me...

Now, that's what I would call a quality product!

I was just poking through your photos, some very nice saws. Thank you.

Actually, it is extremely ugly, sort of looks as if it was designed in Japan - but cool anyway! :cool:
For a 1971 saw it was a pretty decent design... especially when compared to the Scandinavian equivalents as there weren't any, only some relabeled US makes and a Solo...

New Japanese saws looked quite different in those days... The 020 was functional, reliable and lived longer than some users desired. This model was produced and liked by owners for 25+ years. There are not many saws like that. Usually the short-lived ones are more desirable.

For a 1971 saw it was a pretty decent design... especially when compared to the Scandinavian equivalents as there weren't any, only some relabeled US makes and a Solo...

New Japanese saws looked quite different in those days... The 020 was functional, reliable and lived longer than some users desired. This model was produced and liked by owners for 25+ years. There are not many saws like that. Usually the short-lived ones are more desirable.

I know all that, but it still is an ugly design - a lot could have been done with a more tasteful coloration....

Actually, it is extremely ugly, sort of looks as if it was designed in Japan - but cool anyway! :cool:

Given the rest of the saws the kraut's have produced, that one's good looking! :p How come Stihl never had dinner with Porsche and got chewed out about aesthetics? They both lived at the same time...

How come Stihl never had dinner with Porsche and got chewed out about aesthetics?
Personally, I never thought Porsche's were very good looking, mostly form follows function. That saw's a lot prettier than a 911, 914 and especially a Panamera - WOOF :omg:.

Personally, I never thought Porsche's were very good looking, mostly form follows function. That saw's a lot prettier than a 911, 914 and especially a Panamera - WOOF :omg:.

I think the same of everything Stihl has ever produced. ;) Their air filter covers remind me of Melissa McCarthy's rear.

Back