Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@chipper1 Where do you get the Rose Geranium Oil you speak of? Ticks are out already around here.
Here I am Erik :hi:, you called, sometimes I'm a little slow :laugh:.
Just do a quick google search. There are lots of companies that sell it.
We use a lot of Natures Sunshine products, and Young Living essential oils.
These two have great products and my wife is a distributor(I'm not selling, or advertising though).
You may also have some natural health food stores around you that carry it as well.
If you have a problem finding it let me know, that's what I do, find stuff that people want/need:).
That's not my thing, as 2-stroke oil is an essential oil to me :D. Good thing I'm not in California, that stuff causes cancer there :surprised3:.
Hope you can get this and it helps you guys out.
Are they real bad there every yr, or is this a bad yr for them.

image.jpeg Friend of mine let me scroung some nice red fir (lots of p pine too) from some slash piles left from last winters logging. Got to try out my "new" scrounged husky 51, it was free-mostly, was missing starter cover so $38 from eBay and it runs! Impressive little saw, think it has an air leak though dies sometimes after starting when warm, will have to investagate further.

2435b39051327fbc5f66b6305eddde2e.jpg

Scrounged up 3 of these roofs today.

10x16
8x16
9x9

Going to be my new wood shed roofs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Holy Crap....Nice Scrounge

The old 064 sthil gots it!;)

That's awesome, let me guess, little 99cc BB 064 :chainsaw:.
Even stock and ported that saw would lay down the law:sweet:.
Here's my new to me tractor bucket saw.
Can't wait to lean it out, change sprockets, and put a 20" B&C on it :yes:.

anyone of you alls know where a guy can buy just the cardboard boxes that chains come in?

Guess you could say im trying to scrounge chain boxes? ha ha

You want boxes?? I think I have at least 200 of them in the bottom of one of my rollaway. You may have all of them unless you can come up with some useful purpose for these things that add to the clutter of my already cluttered shop. As an added bonus you will receive at least one never before used chain saw file handle. They are actually small diameter Oak limbs with a 1/8'' holes drilled into the ends. I do quite a bit of welding on stuff and the 5lb plastic boxes of welding rods work really well for putting 3 or 4 files with 3 chains. I bought some ammo boxes awhile back for organizing some stuff behind my seat and discovered that can hold many chains, handles, and even room for a chain sparkplug combo tool. Thanks

That's awesome, let me guess, little 99cc BB 064 :chainsaw:.
Even stock and ported that saw would lay down the law:sweet:.
Here's my new to me tractor bucket saw.
Can't wait to lean it out, change sprockets, and put a 20" B&C on it :yes:.

Thanks, stock p&c, cyl was milled & ported by dealer when I bought it new, it's been a great saw.
Your 044 sounds good, would still like to get another 044 sometime.

Here I am Erik :hi:, you called, sometimes I'm a little slow :laugh:.
Just do a quick google search. There are lots of companies that sell it.
We use a lot of Natures Sunshine products, and Young Living essential oils.
These two have great products and my wife is a distributor(I'm not selling, or advertising though).
You may also have some natural health food stores around you that carry it as well.
If you have a problem finding it let me know, that's what I do, find stuff that people want/need:).
That's not my thing, as 2-stroke oil is an essential oil to me :D. Good thing I'm not in California, that stuff causes cancer there :surprised3:.
Hope you can get this and it helps you guys out.
Are they real bad there every yr, or is this a bad yr for them.
Even after putting tick repellant on our cat, she still managed to get a couple on her that balooned up real nice. We do not have a dog anymore. It does seem early but with warm weather early that may account for the ticks.
I will check out the natural health food stores in the area. Thanks

I'm still burning here , scrounged up pallet in the furnace as we speak , on match #2 since the start of the burning season .
Still burning here also, down to various pallets and what ever odd chunks of burnables I find on the drive home every day. Only -6 overnight so down to the 2 pallet days, and my garden has overtaken my kitchen, oooops! Got a little anxious this year.

Thanks, stock p&c, cyl was milled & ported by dealer when I bought it new, it's been a great saw.
Your 044 sounds good, would still like to get another 044 sometime.
That's great you can buy them like that.
I'd have to go about 2.5hrs to do that, and the saws all come from that banana guy down in TN, not that I have a problem with that.
Thanks nate.
Now the hard part, figuring out whether to get rid of the Cadillac or the Corvette both are all stock.
MS441cm, ot the MS460:dizzy:. Guess it's not to bad of a problem to have lol.

Even after putting tick repellant on our cat, she still managed to get a couple on her that balooned up real nice. We do not have a dog anymore. It does seem early but with warm weather early that may account for the ticks.
I will check out the natural health food stores in the area. Thanks
Sorry to hear your having that much trouble with them Erik.
I'm sure the mild winter had some effect on them, dang global warming:crazy2:.
Hopefully your little fur factory will be just fine.

That's great you can buy them like that.
I'd have to go about 2.5hrs to do that, and the saws all come from that banana guy down in TN, not that I have a problem with that.
Thanks nate.
Now the hard part, figuring out whether to get rid of the Cadillac or the Corvette both are all stock.
MS441cm, ot the MS460:dizzy:. Guess it's not to bad of a problem to have lol.
Oh no, the problem is trying to figure out how to keep them both;).

I'm still burning here , scrounged up pallet in the furnace as we speak , on match #2 since the start of the burning season .

dancan in Canada sez: I'm still burning here

Backyard Lumberjack in so Texas sez: me, too Dancan!... in fact, will also be burning in middle of August when temps ave 95-98F daily... always cool time for a camp fire going... :yes:

:drinkingcoffee:

View attachment 500884 Friend of mine let me scroung some nice red fir (lots of p pine too) from some slash piles left from last winters logging. Got to try out my "new" scrounged husky 51, it was free-mostly, was missing starter cover so $38 from eBay and it runs! Impressive little saw, think it has an air leak though dies sometimes after starting when warm, will have to investagate further.

fab foto there Ln! I do like it... beautiful day, beautiful country. like ur saw scrounge story, too... :)

Well , for a brief moment somewhere in Nova Scotia ....

IMG_20160430_125621.jpg

I had to give the chimney a quick clean so I shovelled the fire in a bucket , cleaned the chimney , threw the fire back in with some low grade wood and presto !

IMG_20160430_134627.jpg

Back in business LOL

Back