Shindaiwa 345

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarylB

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody want one? Cheap? What are they worth? I've got a pretty decent looking 345 that was my Grandpa's - 16" bar, no idea on the amount of usage. I did get it to run once, but it just wont crank now. I'd rather it go to an enthusiast here than in the trash can.

36" and full comp and you're all set.

Btw I've gotten a lot of good use out of the little 345‘s.
I've often used one to cut up the limbs for the burn pile.
Also used annually to cut my Christmas tree.

If you need a small saw with a 14-16" bar, these work fine.

36" and full comp and you're all set.

Btw I've gotten a lot of good use out of the little 345‘s.
I've often used one to cut up the limbs for the burn pile.
Also used annually to cut my Christmas tree.

If you need a small saw with a 14-16" bar, these work fine.
Looks like a solid little saw. What year were they made? I'd say 81.
How many cubic inches are they?
John

You could swap spark parts and flywheel from a 350, 415, 416, 450, 451, 500. You would need to retain the 345 starter pawls.

b/c go for scrap, too? good top cover? could use if good & top same as 350. mine broke, then "customized"View attachment 465059 .
Got the B&C air filter chain brake cover from the pile and a bunch of other stuff, cover is missing a small piece from LHS.
I am going to Hoseshoe bay tomorrow via Mission. If you have a place to drop them off I can do that.
I stripped the saw for its nuts and bolts sooo ,,,,
BBB

theres the old scale pullout bet 176 & 160 st exit. that prolly be easiest for you. if its not open, then 160 st exit. easy to get back on there. if you warned me from abbotsford, yer 15-20 min away. im bout the same...

Back