Show Us Your Boat Anchor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are showing antiques. Most of my boat anchors are Poulans built within the last 20 years. Some carried the Craftsman name but most were sold at Wally World. I've tried rebuilding the top ends to save them. Most of the time the new cylinder cracks during the installation while fastening it to the case. A Stihl dealer told me to stop wasting my time and concentrate instead on decent equipment.

You guys are showing antiques. Most of my boat anchors are Poulans built within the last 20 years. Some carried the Craftsman name but most were sold at Wally World. I've tried rebuilding the top ends to save them. Most of the time the new cylinder cracks during the installation while fastening it to the case. A Stihl dealer told me to stop wasting my time and concentrate instead on decent equipment.
me thinks,, chuck them cyls in a lathe,,as the bottoms may not be true...or the case casting also. they didn't come from the factory messed up. the new cyls may not be true...

me thinks,, chuck them cyls in a lathe,,as the bottoms may not be true...or the case casting also. they didn't come from the factory messed up. the new cyls may not be true...
I agree with all of these possibilities. But, even if successful, all I have is a saw that I can't even sell for $100 after I spent $50 in parts to save it.

I've purchased a collection, (some were gifts given), particularly after relocating out of the city.

5 were shelved left mint...for resale possibly? "I use 2" when I can, given the hours I work.

I enjoy the trade and give anyone credit that has devoted the years they have in the industry... "It's a lost art, here anyway". Listening and appreciative of anyone's advise since 2007. (I believe everyone enjoys pics, as I do)

Thank You AS. Respectfully, Dan.20160229_182137.jpg

I've purchased a collection, (some were gifts given), particularly after relocating out of the city.

5 were shelved left mint...for resale possibly? "I use 2" when I can, given the hours I work.

I enjoy the trade and give anyone credit that has devoted the years they have in the industry... "It's a lost art, here anyway". Listening and appreciative of anyone's advise since 2007. (I believe everyone enjoys pics, as I do)

Thank You AS. Respectfully, Dan.View attachment 587274
IL get that broke inn and dirty for you looks like the saw need help

Back