Skidding winch for the tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You Norwegians have provided lots of very good information. Heck, even one of my northern neighbors has sent me some words of advice. I am somewhat surprised these aren't any more plentiful than they are. Any way, I appreciate the help.

Shea

Here in Norway, Sweden and Finland small scale logging was an important income for farmers, a lot of equipment was made to make the most of the tractor on the farm.

Sent fra min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

02f915b6701d95627c0a6fc453f5dc2c.jpg

a069cd4dd5bb007d6ef497201a132e04.jpg

One example

No, had a lot of fergies but non with half tracks.

ok, thanks for the reply. I'm hauling firewood with a fergie. 3 Ton timber trailer with pto drive, manual crane with electric winch and 3 ton sandvik winch mounted on the rear axle.

I assume the small wheel in the track system is a tensioner of sorts, keep the tracks from getting loose. I understand the winch and where it came from now. I would like to see this timber trailer you speak of.

Shea

Yes, it is. This was common and made you abel to climb.

It's gone. I did some more research, verified that the wife was good with the deal, went to contact him over the weekend......add pulled no more contact info. Oh well, I'll find something at some point.

Shea

It's gone. I did some more research, verified that the wife was good with the deal, went to contact him over the weekend......add pulled no more contact info. Oh well, I'll find something at some point.

Shea
I have seen only 2 for sale since I bought my Norse 400. One was only 1300 miles from me. I know of a local winch owner that may be selling the property in the next few years. I want to ask about it. They are rare. Now that you have the OK from your wife keep looking and good luck. I think that a winch is right up there with good chainsaw chaps as the best safety gear that you can get.

I found an older Fransgaard for sale, but I would really prefer a winch with a blade instead of legs on the bottom. I have seen some Tajfun winches (new) for sale in the $2500-$3000 range, but don't have lots of info on those. They are also double the price. I'm going to keep looking. You never know what's going to happen.

Shea

Back