Skylotec Double Carabiners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Shumaker

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been involved in the arb world for years as a manufacturer; I currently work for Skylotec and we are making a major push for the arb market this year. I'm hoping to gain some feedback from end users so we can get the right equipment out there and that it is useful. The great thing about the arb world is that everyone has an opinion :) For better or worse, I find this incredibly valuable and can help shape equipment development.

Take a look at the video below and let er' rip. Let me know if this is something that you would value:

Thanks all!

Hey guys. I have been involved in the arb world for years as a manufacturer; I currently work for Skylotec and we are making a major push for the arb market this year. I'm hoping to gain some feedback from end users so we can get the right equipment out there and that it is useful. The great thing about the arb world is that everyone has an opinion :) For better or worse, I find this incredibly valuable and can help shape equipment development.

Take a look at the video below and let er' rip. Let me know if this is something that you would value:

Thanks all!

Looks like Petzl ripoffs!

I think they look nice. I would love to try some. If they were competitively priced I think they would do well. But of course they would have to be ANSI rated. I would also like to see the strength ratings especially gate loading. I do prefer the H frame construction over the round frame. But not that big of a deal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cool idea. Usually the problem I have with ovals and Ds is figuring out which side the gate hinge is on, then I always know which way to twist. All my lockers are Rock Exotica because I prefer the pull down & twist rather than the push up and twist. Seems more ergonomic to me and I'm not sure why it's not the norm rather than the opposite.

The only way I would truly trust these Biners would be a KN rating and Tri Act locking system.

Cool idea. Usually the problem I have with ovals and Ds is figuring out which side the gate hinge is on, then I always know which way to twist. All my lockers are Rock Exotica because I prefer the pull down & twist rather than the push up and twist. Seems more ergonomic to me and I'm not sure why it's not the norm rather than the opposite.

Same here. Any time I try out someone else stuff, I can't quit thinking "This is so Wrong"

I think Groundman nailed it perfectly. A solution looking for a problem. I'm a very left handed climber, and not once have I had any issue operating any of my twist lock biners.
Make it a pull and twist rather than a push and twist, in the 24-27kn range, at a price that is equal to, or less than similar biners on the market and you may have a product. At this stage, it'll be a pass for me.

Back