small bandsaw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carrage wheels

Are the wheels on the bottom of the carriage a bearing? Or are they a wheel? Thanks

The side wheels, and the guide bearings are 1621 sealed bearings. The carrage top wheels are hi speed sealed flanged bearings 1/2" shaft 7/16 x 1 3/8
Gene

Nelson many thanks for your input here! I am underway with the build of my mill. I have aquired a concrete bandsaw that had a 17" throat opening. I am planning to obtain a min of 36" and be able to saw 20 footers. A couple questions still keep coming up in my mind any insight would be greatly appreciated. First in my search is trying to find a standard band, over custom length. I see 167" bands but that seems to be the longest without special length. Are longer bands standard? Or will I be purchasing special order. Needing to figure this part out before I start my carriage. Many thanks Joel

Hello joel

If I was looking to build a sawmill with a 36" throat, I would buy plans from linn lumber $ 50 he got the bugs all worked out. If you are going to build your design, ask Gene 1605 advice, he has built many sawmills. I am still working on my first mill. Custom lenght blades are no big deal.

best of luck

Last edited:
more drawings of Gene's mill

I have finished another drawing of Gene's mill, but my frame is 37" wide so measurements are a little different, but the basic construction is according to Gene's plans that he was so good to send me. I basically did the drawings to familiarize myself to the build, but Gene was good enough to allow them to be posted.

attachment.php

View attachment 279308

Rpm on band

Hello Gene dó you know how fast the band spin rpm. So i Can find out the gearing on the motor thanks jan (Mr stihl)

band speed

Hello Gene dó you know how fast the band spin rpm. So i Can find out the gearing on the motor thanks jan (Mr stihl)

Jan the band speed is the same as the engine pulley speed, the v pulley diameter times 3.14 will give the band speed. just use a 3 1/2 or 4 in. pulley.
Gene

Jan the band speed is the same as the engine pulley speed, the v pulley diameter times 3.14 will give the band speed. just use a 3 1/2 or 4 in. pulley.
Gene

Yes but i have a 6,9 kw 1740 rpm and a wheel where is in dia. 58 cm how Big woud the wheel be on the motor in cm if you understand what i mean jan.

Yes but i have a 6,9 kw 1740 rpm and a wheel where is in dia. 58 cm how Big woud the wheel be on the motor in cm if you understand what i mean jan.

Yes but i have a 6,9 kw 1740 rpm and a wheel where is in dia. 58 cm how Big woud the pulley on the motor be in cm, if you understand what i mean jan. i`d just found out what pulley is, sorry my english

band speed

Yes but i have a 6,9 kw 1740 rpm and a wheel where is in dia. 58 cm how Big woud the pulley on the motor be in cm, if you understand what i mean jan. i`d just found out what pulley is, sorry my english

Old Hilley
I'm not sure what Jan is asking, and dont want to give a unclear answer could you help me out Gene

could be he's using an electric motor and looking for a way to slow down the 1750 rpms? different language makes thing tuff.

band speed

could be he's using an electric motor and looking for a way to slow down the 1750 rpms? different language makes thing tuff.

He is useing a 1740 rpm motor and wants the same band speed as a 3600 rpm engine with a 4 in pulley, I dont understand what 58 cm wheel he is talking about.

I thought he meant the size of the tire that the band rides on, 58cm would be about 23" tire.

wants to know what size pulley to put on the motor. Maybe?

Last edited:
I thought he meant the size of the tire that the band rides on, 58cm would be about 23" tire.

wants to know what size pulley to put on the motor. Maybe?

yes it`s the size of my wheels 58cm and i would like to know the size of my pulley to get 3600 rpm with a engine that runs 1740 rpm that will be nice thanks jan (denmark)

and something else a wood planer to a chainsaw is that made ?. And can i put it on a stihl 026 ?. and where can i buy it ?.

band speed

yes it`s the size of my wheels 58cm and i would like to know the size of my pulley to get 3600 rpm with a engine that runs 1740 rpm that will be nice thanks jan (denmark)

and something else a wood planer to a chainsaw is that made ?. And can i put it on a stihl 026 ?. and where can i buy it ?.

Jan, a 8 in. pulley should be very close, dont know the metric size.
Gene

Back