Some of the experts here might help to identify this tree :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jencil

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have it in front of my house, I need to identify it so may be someone wants it.

Attachments

• insidefruitTree.png
    insidefruitTree.png
    798.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Fruit tree.png
    Fruit tree.png
    879 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 71
CocoaLeaves2.jpg
cocoa-tree-Ghana-e1499164059353-800x445.jpg

23864802-Cocoa-tree-with-pod-Stock-Photo-cocoa.jpg

Cocoa tree

Looks like some variety of a Money Tree Plant. ( Pachira Aquatica )

Where is this tree growing????

David

Looks like some variety of a Money Tree Plant. ( Pachira Aquatica )

Where is this tree growing????

David
"Lake Worth is a city in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States, which takes its name from the body of water along its eastern border, originally called "Lake Worth", and now generally known as the Lake Worth Lagoon"

Leaves of cacao and paw paw trees are alternate.. as per @Gugi47 pics. OP's tree has leaves like @buzz sawyer pic. I'm thinking baobab is correct. But only if the OP lives in Africa. Otherwise, it's probably an avocado tree growing in radioactive waste, or perhaps some other funny-bunny, tropical fruit that cross-pollinated with a Hershey's chocolate bar.

Leaves of cacao and paw paw trees are alternate.. as per @Gugi47 pics. OP's tree has leaves like @buzz sawyer pic. I'm thinking baobab is correct. But only if the OP lives in Africa. Otherwise, it's probably an avocado tree growing in radioactive waste, or perhaps some other funny-bunny, tropical fruit that cross-pollinated with a Hershey's chocolate bar.

Here are some Baobab:
Adansonia_grandidieri04.jpg

baobab+tree.jpg

Lifecycle-of-baobab.jpg

Yes... inconspicuous, little tree that the neighbors would hardly notice.

"Oh, Mildred! Such a nice, little tree with funny fruit! You do realize that the fat, gigantic trunk is leaving the neighborhood in total darkness for most of the day, don't you?"

Back