Sound off! Saws we love to hate!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like one of them big Poulans just to smoke 660's with. They're hard to find here, I think they only sold well down south.

Also, someone wants me to work on an 019T. Is this worse than the little Mac 110? Should I just stop while I am still ahead?

019Ts are pretty rough to take apart....

I think any pos from wally world is a pos, lowes has some decent husky products but mostly pos's also.

The award for "Biggest POS (Pro Saw Category) ever made" has to be awarded to the Husqvarna 338XPT.

Oh how I hate them! :censored:

My Homelite 340?

Looks like it should rip..won't even stick with my Stock Husqvarna 440e in little limbing type wood.

Weighs more than my Husqvarna 455 Rancher and isn't even in the same league when it comes to work.

Can't sell it for more than $50 bucks because everyone else knows its a stone!

(So I'm in the process of hacking the crap out of it to see if it will run like a 54cc saw should!)

Last edited:
When I first started my business, I climbed with the poulan wood shark. It was like a 108 bucks brand new. I'd never go back but I don't regret it either.

Not a bad little saw for the money...Did I just type that :dizzy:?

Last edited:
My Pro Mac 610. It leaks oil like crazy when stored, starts hard, weighs as much as a 1948 Buick, and is good at burning and throwing chains. Not to mention this is about the ugliest chain saw ever made. I still like to try to use it and see how far I can chuck it when I've had enough. It's nice to have a saw you can take your fustrations out on.

Last edited:
455 rancher

Oh c'mon, the 455R and the PM610 can't be THAT bad! I don't like the plastic crankcase or primer on the 455R but it's not that bad of a saw. Probably most of the bad rap it gets is from people who buy them who have never owned a saw and have no clue how to properly use and care for a saw.

The PM610 is a good old workhorse, if you're throwing chains a lot you probably have a sprocket, chain or bar problem, hardly the fault of the powerhead itself.

Agree that the 335/338 Huskies are turds. They are easily pwned by the current Stihl tophandles, and I mean maximum pwnage.

Hate is a strong word - but any saw made in China qualifies I guess........:censored:

The MS250 and MS290 series saws barely escape mention........LOL

Last edited:
my stepdads poulan pro. he thinks it is so awesome. i had my 460 cutting up a tree on the land they live on, and he wanted to race. so i raced him, needless to say he was buried in a pile of chips by me before he even got started. so yeah poulan sucks major monkey b:censored:ll's!!!!!!!

Try a 655, they are beasts. Out stump a 660 like nothing, with out flinching. I think the 460 is the most over-hyped, nose heavy, whizbang sounding and feeling falling saw on the market (well, the 441 now LOL).

hmph...

Hate is a strong word - but any saw made in China qualifies I guess........:censored:

The MS250 and MS290 series saws barely escape mention........LOL

Don't you mean ANYTHING made in China??? I think that'd be a better way to put it...

:chainsaw:

I particualrly hate the chinese fake Husky 394XPs that swarm around Ebay like flies round a turd, or more properly, turds around a larger turd, or more accurately, little turds, within and being a part of a greater, collective turd.

I wish I could find out who buys these things, i'd send them some photosof a real one, and a pair of good reading glasses to see them properly with.

... And a box of tissues to weep into when they find out what they bought.

Hate Homelites! - cept got me so fed up that I finally bought a Stihl.

...agree the MS 290 ain't exceptional.

The MS 280 is a good small saw.

Love the MS 441 - like driving a fine tuned sports car.

Back