Stihl 020 avp fuel cap insert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian_Cosgrave

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
G'day everyone. I'm doing up an old Stihl 020 avp and the fuel cap insert has disintergrated and I'd have a go at making one but the ipl doesn't show it clearly enough for that. It is the type that fits in from the outside of the cap with a grub screw inside it I think. I can't buy a new fuel cap in Australia for it so I'm in a bit of a bind. Can anyone help with a description or photos to help me out please? Thanks. Brian.

I apologize for the crudeness, but I am not computer literate enough to do this any other way.
Here is what one could call up if one had a Mediacat copy.

cap 001.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

Here is a parts manual for it: http://bricomeca.free.fr/Stihl/stihl 020 IPL.pdf

Thank you both HarleyT and Gugi47 for your prompt replies. Much appreciated I can assure you. I've do have a copy of the parts list but from these illustrations I still can't see how to make a fix for this fuel cap I'm sorry to say. There is also an exploded view of the inner workings of the fuel cap valve on page 26 of the parts list and I'm not sure if this a different model cap or included in the cap shown on page 24. Either way my fuel cap doesn't have either insert and perhaps there is no way to bring this cap back to life. Thanks again for the time you've spent on this.

Back