Stihl 026 oil line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more question,

I'm not understanding where the pump gear tit gets driven from. On this model, it's flat as opposed to round wire, and it doesn't appear to extend all the way out to the clutch cover.

The line on this pump.

Can it be made up from an auto parts store line/tubing?

View attachment 397912

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tried to make one up but could not find the correct tube size, then you have to get the spring in. That looks just like my 034, try the dealer for a match. Go to Stihl site for a Spare Parts List of your saw.

That oil line part number 1121 640 9400 is 75mm dia, it comes as a 3" long piece that will require cutting to length at time on installation.

What he said (except the 75mm dia part).

The tubing is quite stiff and will require heating to install on the pump and brass nipples, I use a bic lighter and needle nose pliers. Most kits have enough tubing to do two saws, or extra if you screw up 1st attempt, cut to 75mm/3" length. Do not forget the metal coil that goes inside or the hose will kink. I install one end 1st before cutting.

I had an older post here on this for an 036 but the site ate all the pictures......

Many have soft hose with a slip over sleeve on the pump. Stihl fuel/impulse hose.

What he said (except the 75mm dia part).

The tubing is quite stiff and will require heating to install on the pump and brass nipples, I use a bic lighter and needle nose pliers. Most kits have enough tubing to do two saws, or extra if you screw up 1st attempt, cut to 75mm/3" length. Do not forget the metal coil that goes inside or the hose will kink. I install one end 1st before cutting.

I had an older post here on this for an 036 but the site ate all the pictures......
Thanks, good catch.

From what I see you have the newer style oil pump setup, but am not sure.... The driver tab may just be broke off, but the pics I asked for will clarify what you need.....

My line and pump

View attachment 397927View attachment 397928

This is an adjustable oiler for the 026 pro.

In order to be operable it needs a washer, (goes on over the crank shaft before the pump is mounted) a sleeve (some may call a bushing, goes on over the crank as well) and the worm gear (plastic) with the "driver" which has a tang on it. The tang should fit in a slot in the bottom of the sprocket cup if the sprocket is mounted properly. Shine a light into the area to make sure the sprocket is fitted over the tang. When the clutch engages the sprocket cup it turns the driver and in turn begins the oiling process.

It looks from the picture of your pump that it has had a clutch problem in the past. Before the clutch for this saw is mounted (with the left handed threads), there should be a large washer that was supposedly designed to protect the pump. Make sure it is in place. More pics are better. Post the pics of all the parts for the pump when you decide/buy the necessary line.

My line and pump

View attachment 397927View attachment 397928

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like your clutch drum has eaten completely through into the oil pump housing. If that's the case, you are wasting your time trying to replace the line. Maybe it's not the case, but judging by the top picture, your oil will just run out. Have you figured out what caused that to happen? I would want to be very sure I had that fixed before I started throwing parts into it. What does the little gear and needle look like. They fit into a slot in the clutch drum, but just barely. There shouldn't be any sticking out past the clutch drum, so it's hard to see if it's engaged sometimes.

Latest posts

Back