Stihl 026 oil line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pogo,

Thanks for the update. I'll tell you what does work, air brake line. @Canadian farm boy turned me onto it. I beleieve it's 1/8" line. The trumpets are available as well.

Have to reuse the spring from your old oem line. Believe it or not, if you're short a spring, the spring from a ball point pen will actually slip into the brake line and function to stop the kinking inherent to the design.

I used 1/4" nylon air line. I did have to reem out the hole in the case where the bar mounts with a 1/4" drill bit, but everything else fit nicely. I reused the spring and brass outlet from the old line. I also tried 6mm nylon air line, and it fit the hole near the bar mount perfectly, but was just too difficult to install on the nipple on the pump, even with heat.

The Stihl service manual even recommends reeming/drilling the hole near the bar mount if the tubing fits too tightly, so I don't think I messed anything up with my cobbling :crazy:

This line can be replaced with the black Stihl fuel line, or the Echo fuel line.
The cost of the replacement from my dealer is $3.00 plus tax.
Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back