STIHL FS 91 GRASS BLADE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Evoy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just tried my new Stihl FS 91 trimmer. Cut some heavy tall grass around my farm. Not quite the power I thought it would have but decent. I have alot of Burdocks and heavy viney type weeds. I bought a grass and brushcuttet blade as well. Im assuming the grass blade is what I want to cut the burdocks and weeds? Any advice. I will try to attach a pic of blade.2665.jpg

Your blade is more for grasses. I think this would give you better results on your target. Scratcher tooth

12d77c988f67c5fe95c0fde3960f3ba3.jpg

Stratcher tooth would work but they are very hard to resharpen. I would pick a chisel tooth blade myself, since it can be resharpened. But, I guess the scratcher tooth would work better.

If most of your stuff is 1/4 diameter and under with a few up to 1/2" I would look at one of the tri-wing airecut blades. Mine handles grass and raspberry very well and is decent on anything I run into up to 1/2", any larger and I put on a carbide tooth blade.

Back