Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

STIHL FS 91 GRASS BLADE

Discussion in 'Hand Held Equipment and Tools' started by John Evoy, Aug 11, 2017.

1. John Evoy

John Evoy ArboristSite Lurker

Just tried my new Stihl FS 91 trimmer. Cut some heavy tall grass around my farm. Not quite the power I thought it would have but decent. I have alot of Burdocks and heavy viney type weeds. I bought a grass and brushcuttet blade as well. Im assuming the grass blade is what I want to cut the burdocks and weeds? Any advice. I will try to attach a pic of blade. 2665.jpg

2. Bedford T

Bedford T Addicted to ArboristSite

Your blade is more for grasses. I think this would give you better results on your target. Scratcher tooth

[​IMG]

3. ANewSawyer

ANewSawyer Addicted to ArboristSite

Stratcher tooth would work but they are very hard to resharpen. I would pick a chisel tooth blade myself, since it can be resharpened. But, I guess the scratcher tooth would work better.

Bedford T likes this.
  4. ironman_gq

ironman_gq Addicted to ArboristSite

If most of your stuff is 1/4 diameter and under with a few up to 1/2" I would look at one of the tri-wing airecut blades. Mine handles grass and raspberry very well and is decent on anything I run into up to 1/2", any larger and I put on a carbide tooth blade.

5. John Evoy

John Evoy ArboristSite Lurker

K thnx Ironman.