Stihl HT75 donor power head

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duke box

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there,. I bought a non working Stihl HT75 not long back which I am trying to get up and running. I had started rebuilding the engine but the attached working power head came up for sale on eBay and I decided to grab it.

Although it hasa few parts I can use on my rebuild I'm wondering whether I should just switch the pole Saw onto this head? Is it an easy task to do or is it going to be a complicated job getting the shaft into the new head?

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160825-181729.png
    Screenshot_20160825-181729.png
    672.6 KB · Views: 25
Are you saying that you have an identical powerhead, and want to know if it is and easy swap?
Yes.
Yup. Switching one toasted HT75 power head with a slightly fresher one.

Is it just a matter of undoing the three torx screws below the throttle and sliding the pole Saw out?

Still keen to finish the rebuild of the toasted engine. First time I've pulled an engine apart so happily learning.

If it were me, I'd just loosen the two clamping screws in the throttle control and the one on the tube between the control
and engine, and slide back/off.

If it were me, I'd just loosen the two clamping screws in the throttle control and the one on the tube between the control
and engine, and slide back/off.
Hi Harley,

So you're recommending the screws circled in blue not red?

Attachments

• IMG_20160825_220602.jpg
    IMG_20160825_220602.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20160825_220500.jpg
    IMG_20160825_220500.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 21
Yes, essentially remove this part from what is in your pic, and then install the engine on your pole.

View attachment 521452
Righto. Seems fairly straight forward. So how does that shaft actually fix to the power head given all I'm loosening are screws on the throttle handle?

Also, I'm assuming it's simply just an internal shaft within that post which slots into the motor and makes the magic happen!

For some reason (most likely my lack of experience on engines) I assumed there was some more complicated fixed way that the engine connected with the shaft.

Will give it a go once it turns up in the post.

Thanks for the insight and looking forward to having my first saw up and running.

Wow thanks for that. Appreciate it. That's a very helpful diagram.

So i'm essentially loosening screws 23, 24 and 12 to allow the bar to slide out

Back