Stihl MS 661 having the bog blues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The toughest part about the 661 bog is that its not consistent. If I knew it was gonna bog before each limb then I would pre plan my footing and rhythm. But when an occasional bog is thrown in it ......... up everything

Here is an idea. running the 362cm and the 241 cm both of them you could tell when the saw was resetting its self, like after a large temperature change and or elevation change. My 661 never ever did this even after doing a reset, it always ran the same from the moment it came out of the box. Is is a bad module causing adaptive learning issues?

sounds like a EURO 661 will fill the bill, but to get my hands on one, well that's a different story.

Maybe reach out to some of our European friends, have them buy just the carb, and side panel w/ holes (or drill yours out) (whatever else is needed). Ship you the standard parts to deconvert YOUR current saw to the screwdriver version.

Of course this voids the warranty...

dw

i think your being to easy on your dealer. i'll tell ya right now. it's sounding like you have been without you saw for 3 months if you warranty is 3 months past. that **** absolutely would not fly with me. i'd have a new saw or my money back dealers building burnt down or not LOL.

Back