super 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knockbill

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
i just got done going thru my buddys "new" ebay super 2,, i cleaned it up, re-assembled it, and tried it in some maple & oak,,,it really needs a chain and bar... it has a 16" sabre chain on it, and all i can find out about them is homelite owned them & now they're out of business,,, i think 16" is too big for this saw,(altho, it calls for 14-16), and i want to replace teh chain and bar,,, any suggestions of what to use to replace teh sabre? it needs a drum & sprocket also, so i guess if i change everything at once, it will be a match,,, i was thinking of trying 14" if b/c & sprocket are all available, just not sure teh best chain to use on that little engine (31cc i think)...
thanks in advance for the input,,,
john

I have a super 2 that was my girlfriend's granddad's saw. It has a 14" bar and chain on it. It cuts great. It's a very impressive little saw. It will easily out cut my girlfriend's dad's poulan xxv.

If I remember right my little xl says total on the bar. If that helps any.

thanks for the reply... i don't know what that means,,, i looked at bailys site, but didn't see any bars listed for that saw,,, i need a sprocket for it also,,,

thanks,, i thought i would find a b/c combo deal,,, but if not that may work,, i also saw that the pitch was .365 but the sprocket & chain are listed as .375,, are they the same?? what chain would work best with that saw? safety chain? the more aggressive chain may be too much for the small engine...
i just got a new baileys catalog,, guess i better start studying,,,
thanks again...

Back