Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a wicked good stove...but very different from a regular type stove. Bought it new....I had to be retrained...actually read AND FOLLOW the 'structions....when this thing is running properly it heats very well and burns all the smoke......load it full in the morning and head out the door.....normal stove would be sending out a lot of smoke at that time...my Jotul cookstove does, filled at the same time with a lot less wood.....but not this guy...can just see heat vapors... no smoke what so ever...about 8 hr burn time...very steady heat the whole time...not cool at the first part of the burn...hot in the middle and cool on the back end.......just steady, even heat........but as you can see it requires some maintenance.....though I must say after taking the whole thing apart and getting a better insight as to how it all works I have realized better ways of operating it so as to avoid excess wear and tear on the combustor. Combustor is a very light refractory material....very delicate...designed to operate at over 2000 degrees 'Merican....did some figgering.....got just a bit over 50 cord of Jonsereds cut wood through that combustor in the last nine years...

IMG_20160131_151142.jpg

Mighty Mouse Logging LLC
Have a pulphook just like yours. Got it at Bailey's. Makes unloading a lot easier.

Very wet morning out there , but stihl on the warm side at 53* . Think its pose to get colder as the day goes , then back to the 20s tonight . YAK !
Hey T!! How yah been?
Rain here tonight then snow starting around 4:00 AM, and then 1-3"s an hour a good part of the day with high winds. Winters coming back.

Started installing the new combustor in my Resolute Acclaim today.....feeling better but not well......went slow.....pretty straight forward but took more stuff apart than necessary so I can understand how it all works.....knowing what I now know the job should take a couple hrs....I have 3.5 hrs. in it now and not back together.....but the combustor is in....

View attachment 483241 View attachment 483242 View attachment 483243 View attachment 483245 View attachment 483246
Boy you ran some wood thru that Baby Robin!!!

Yep...Edward likes his Cats.....he has three of them and a feller/buncher......quite a dude Edward is ..... 61 years old...spent the first 50 drunk on his ear.....no steady woman..never had a car or paper work to drive one...or ever owned anything...dug enough clams to buy a little food and a lot of beer.....cut wood behind someone else's skidder in the winter......do day labor around construction sites...dig clams in the summer....year after year....we all figured he'd perish any time... He turned 50...quit drinking......has a nice wife...a nice remodeled farm house......all the afore mentioned equipment plus dozens of saws....a big diesel Dodge 4WD ton truck with a platform dump....2014 Cheby 3/4 ton 4wd...all paid for.......Edward has no payments out other than what he buys each month......he works as hard now as he drank back then....wide open.....he did this little job last Sunday afternoon....the one truckload out and fit for the truck and the other load still in the woods but down and winched together at the top of the rise ready to hit the landing as soon as the first load goes....

Yep ugly wood....but I was all over getting it gone for the same money as if it were maple,ash, or oak.....LOL!!!
Ask T.....out in Ohio they use Poplar for house siding! Had an old Ford wood truck with a small V-8 in it that had a Poplar bed in it. Older it is harder it gets.

Ask T.....out in Ohio they use Poplar for house siding! Had an old Ford wood truck with a small V-8 in it that had a Poplar bed in it. Older it is harder it gets.
They sure do round here ! That stuff gets bout 2 yrs old , can't drive a nail into it ! Gotta build with it green unless ya wanna drill every hole ! LOL Air nailers may do OK with it ? I never had anything like that when I sure coulda used one ! LOL
I even went through 2 yrs of trade school for carpentry , 6 months building houses is all that lasted . Oilfield pad double the wages ! LOL In the long run , shoulda stuck to building houses ! LOL

Cold here to stay for awhile, really going through that woodshed full of wood, seeing wood I haven't seen for about three years. Can't believe a guy even recognizes a particular tree from that long ago.
LOL.....Just yesterday digging in my biggest pile yesterday getting wood for this storm recognized pieces of wood I split 2 years ago!! Couldn't believe it either!!

Hey Bobby, good to see you are still with us. Very mild here for this time of year, water running everywhere and snow receding rapidly.
Just saw the radar on your neck of the woods. Looks like you're getting about 2"s an hour right now. But we're about over here with nearly 10"s. I think when it's over we'll get a ft. Usually do with these NorEaster's that come up the coast.

Back