Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang Robin that is a down right beauty !! Really like the contrasting colors you did , really sets it off ! ! Was only ever on one of them , seems it was bout 6' ? Been way to many years ago . LOL Do member we couldn't steer the thing fer **** ! LOL Just kids that didn't have a clue ! LOL
Hate to think what it would take to make any money just building them . The price you would have to get would likely scare some off . LOL

Thanks John!!.....I build 6-8 and 10 footers......6' is what you generally see for sale around stores......LL Bean sells that green canvas pad...it's the longest they sell....really for an 8 footer but I get by on a 10' with it.....these are very flexible ...strakes are 5/16" thick.....to steer you have to lean into and pull up and back hard on the rope on the side you want to go......bend the outside edge sharply so it cuts into the snow and you'll go in that direction....hopefully...!!!

So true Robin, I worked many other places that just used wooden board or plank steam box, pipe, ductwork or anything the steam wouldn`t melt quickly. A hot wet cloth wrapped around the cedar ribs works well for canoes, just keep pouring hot water on , let soak in and repeat often. No need for anything fancy, whatever can hold the steam in for a few minutes will work, more steam coming all the time. A portable box works just as good as a permanent dedicated one, we often threw something up right on the shore when doing emergency repairs at a slipway, no need for fancy.
So true!! Repaired more than a few smashed planks and ribs just using a makeshift steam box up the barn, and over a friends, "Greese" Curtis, working on his Friendship Sloop.

Nice morning here......gonna see if I can rally and finish that last toboggan today....feel like ****....damn kids and their colds....was very happy when the daughter grew up and didn't spend 7-8 hrs a day in the incubator with a few hundred other little human petri dishes........baaaaah!!!

This place gets triple dosed of that crap ! So I try to stay away from all them kids , hand sanitizer everywhere I go ! I gotta be damn careful bout anything like that ! My daughters won't come around till they know they are safe if they had a cold . That sure sucks , but sure beats the hospital !

Back