The Fire Pit Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only problem I see with these is that the big log usually has to be cut with the bar and chain ripping the log. The log is set vertically and the bar is horizontal. That dulls the chain much more rapidly than a typical noodle cut where the log and the bar are both set horizontal.

Then, of course, you have to pick up and carry the log in once piece to the fire pit. I hate to sound like sour grapes, but...

You could always noodle it halfway through (as some others have said) right in the firepit, then stuff the noodles back into your cut to use as kindling when you're ready to light it up.

Agreed. Its that burner commercially for sale somewhere or was it a custom-made burner? I must admit it really looks nice and appears very safe as well--a rare combination.

I'm not sure where she got it, I think cabelas. Landmann is the brand. It's definitely nice and quite safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost killed me to do it, but I picked up a 'factory' fire pit here today on sale. Couldn't quite find the right things in our scrap heap here to make one quick - so will see how this goes. Not too optimistic about its potential longevity. I'll try to remember to snap a pic once I get the thing landed how I want & fired up - won't be tomorrow though. (Who the heck keeps making my do list longer - stop it already....)

Right now we can't have open fires at all, too dry and lot of forest fires.

I'm not sure if the enclosed fire pit would be ok or not. I'm just about afraid to fire up my BBQer right now!

I'm not sure where she got it, I think cabelas. Landmann is the brand. It's definitely nice and quite safe.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will look for it. My favorite bar and grill near my huge pile of logs would love to feed it. I'll talk to the manager and see if it's OK that I offer it for cool evening burns on the outdoor patio. We have all the ingredients that it needs.

Thanks a bunch!

Concrete patio about 22 feet across, with a 2' firebrick pit in the middle. Hole in the bottom to let rainwater drain out. Bin for wood with a shelf for roasting forks, tiki torch fuel, kindling, lighter, paper, etc.
Arbor nearby with flowering vines on it, big trees all around. Heaven!

View attachment 422942 View attachment 422943

Thought I'd give an updated photo of my firepit as it looks today.

IMG_9956.JPG

You can see the lighter firebricks of the firepit directly in front of the lawn chair.

View attachment 431517
You can see the lighter firebricks of the firepit directly in front of the lawn chair.
That is truly disgusting. Where on earth did all of this water come from? I had no idea that southern Illinois (actually St. Louis) was in this condition. That's the worst I have ever seen, and I used to live in that neck of the woods. Cairo, yes it floods out there, but St Louis? Unbelieveable.

View attachment 431517

Damn Stache...you wasn't kidding when you said a ' big pool' in the swimming pool thread, was ya? ;) Crazy amount of flash flooding there. Hope it gets gone soon for you folks.

Almost killed me to do it, but I picked up a 'factory' fire pit here today on sale. Couldn't quite find the right things in our scrap heap here to make one quick - so will see how this goes. Not too optimistic about its potential longevity. I'll try to remember to snap a pic once I get the thing landed how I want & fired up - won't be tomorrow though. (Who the heck keeps making my do list longer - stop it already....)
line the bottom,,with about a inch of sand. no burn thru, iffin you get carried away.....

Damn Stache...you wasn't kidding when you said a ' big pool' in the swimming pool thread, was ya? ;) Crazy amount of flash flooding there. Hope it gets gone soon for you folks.

Yes, it's all gone now. It's just so flat around here when we get a good rain it takes some time for things to drain away. It's possible to be unable to leave town for an hour or two because of flooded roads. 4-5 years ago I had to try 3 different roads before I was able to get back into town.

A little bit of everything. Maple, aspen, elm, and cherry. My back row of wood by the deck isn't drying any further but it already has been css for 11 months so it lights up alright.

image.jpg

Got to spend about a half hour with my oldest (age 10) at the fire after everyone went to bed. His baseball season ended tonight with a 3rd place finish which is darn good for the amount of talent in his league. With 5 kids in the house any one on one time is golden. Very much enjoyed our talk.

Back