The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does a mac 610/650 coil fit a mac 10-10 ? I've got one with a fried coil I want to do a complete rebuild on and those saws come up as parts saws quite often,

Does a mac 610/650 coil fit a mac 10-10 ? I've got one with a fried coil I want to do a complete rebuild on and those saws come up as parts saws quite often,

Yes it does, but the spark plug wire will be longer. I have one on my pro Mac 700.
A timberbear or eager beaver coil will not. I got mine from a newer black pro Mac 610. I'm not sure if the yellow and black ones were electronic but if they are then they should be the same too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We see both the 10-10 and the 610 types of saws around here in the Summer, I don't get out to the sales in the winter. They start at about $10 and go up to about $40. Of course you usually have to work on them when you get them home..

The 10-10 is truly one of the most unappreciated and undervalued saws out there..., largely because there are so many of em. A very capable saw when in the right hands with a well filed chain. Not sure if I've posted this here before. Impressive to say the least.

I ran my PM55 and PM850 hard today but didn't get any photos. Large pieces of elm, too large to maneuverer into my splitter even though it does tip up vertical so I just noodled/milled them into stove size blocks. I am whipped tonight...

Mark
Sounds like a good day Mark!

Brian

I've got a 10-10 project saw if you are interested. Complete but has low compression.

I also have a NOS 10 series 2" bore P+C. A guy could build quite the sleeper saw.
I'm thinking about using my PM55 as the project, thanks anyway! I already have it apart and ready to start cleaning on. I just need to find a little time. I'm not sure if it even needs any parts other than maybe some gaskets, not even sure of that. I need to get out there and look it over..

The 10-10 is truly one of the most unappreciated and undervalued saws out there..., largely because there are so many of em. A very capable saw when in the right hands with a well filed chain. Not sure if I've posted this here before. Impressive to say the least.

Thats insane for a 50cc saw.

I agree, I know mac speced up to a 28" bar for the 10-10 but I honestly doubted it would pull it in hard wood till I saw that video lol. Don't get me wrong I love dads 10-10 and I always felt it had more snot than a more modern 50cc saw. Out of the dozen or so saws I own it is still my favorite saw to run. I just love the sound of a screaming Mcculloch.

Back