torque vs chainspeed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I measure tourque with one of these ,but i am a dumb junk man
TECH2FR100.jpg
DIGITAL ??????
You are just a showoff !!!!!!

Please go to a neutral in any single phase 120 or 277 operating circuit and measure both the current and the voltage ................. I assure you that you are in for a surprise
Your question is not defined.

Measure the voltage with respect to what point - ground or the other phase?

Measure the current in the neutral at what point - to a load? To the open circuit? Through the test equipment?

Are you really suggesting that the equation V = I * R is incorrect?

My answer is still the same. Both! Torque and RPMs are simply not mutually exclusive. Fixing on either one or the other is a mistake. It takes a strong, wide torque curve to hold these kinds of RPMs in the cut with a 50cc saw pulling a 20" bar buried.

Stihl MS261:

Stihl MS261 20" Bar:

No, I asked you a simple question, "How do you directly measure HP?"

You gave two methods to do so, neither of which directly measure HP. Now, rather than just saying you were wrong, you write in convoluted circles in an attempt to direct the attention away from the fact that you were wrong. Now your contention is that we don't directly measure anything.

Maybe if you spent a little more time actually paying attention, rather than trying convince everyone how smart you are, you'd be better off? Is the view that much better from your high horse?
And I gave you a way to measure hp every bit as directly as you can measure torque or rpm. It is you that is trying to divert the discussion to the issue of "directly" measuring things, which is not relevant. I never cared if the measurements were truly "direct" or not, rather what those measured terms meant.

And I gave you a way to measure hp every bit as directly as you can measure torque or rpm. It is you that is trying to divert the discussion to the issue of "directly" measuring things, which is not relevant. I never cared if the measurements were truly "direct" or not, rather what those measured terms meant.

I never asked you about measuring anything else. I asked a simple, direct question. You've taken it upon yourself to answer questions that no one has asked, in an attempt to confuse the original question.

Now your contention is that you never cared about the measurements only the terms? You make me laugh.

I never asked you about measuring anything else. I asked a simple, direct question. You've taken it upon yourself to answer questions that no one has asked, in an attempt to confuse the original question.

Now your contention is that you never cared about the measurements only the terms? You make me laugh.
I'm afraid I don't find you nearly as entertaining.

TECH2FR100.jpg
How do you hook it up to the crank on a running saw? That instrument won't measure dynamic torque.
A good way to make more torque is to increase the length of the stroke. This linear force (piston movement) does work over time (power), and the longer stroke generally decreases the RPM at which the power is made. In the equation, this will give a higher torque number.

I recognize my role in this nonsense. I much prefer a piss-revving contest rather than a pissing contest. I will now stop polluting this thread. My apologies to all

Randy, what do you mean by potato?
Just asking.

DSS and I have this thing see.......

He posted the word "potato".....and I reported his post. It was on that other site were people don't take everything so ****ing seriously.

So.......I say POTATO......and good day sir. :rock:

TECH2FR100.jpg

Repped.

1. Measure the voltage with respect to what point - ground or the other phase?

2. Measure the current in the neutral at what point - to a load?

3. Are you really suggesting that the equation V = I * R is incorrect?

1. Voltage potential to ground

2. Current going through the neutral conductor itself, from the load to the neutral bus bar. A neutral technically cant "go to a load"........ it comes from a load. If it went to a load, it would be a hot lead

3. After you measure both, then you can answer that question better than anyone trying to explain it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back