Update on yellow jacket teeth on sc252..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLD MAN GRINDER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi everyone..
Here is the update i promised on the yellow jacket teeth, i replaced the 1/2 in square teeth with the yellow jacket setup..

I did 17 stumps and 2 blow-overs today, for the first use since i installed them i have to say i am pretty impressed, they threw nice size curls, and overall worked very good, i hit a pc of rebar buried in one of them, chipped one tooth and all i had to do was turn it over, about 2 minutes to do so...

Any questions about the teeth, just ask..

p/s my wheel keeps turning when i shut it down, turns at a pretty good clip, any suggestions on how to stop this ????

Thx much, have a great week everybody..:msp_biggrin:

Hi everyone..
Here is the update i promised on the yellow jacket teeth, i replaced the 1/2 in square teeth with the yellow jacket setup..

I did 17 stumps and 2 blow-overs today, for the first use since i installed them i have to say i am pretty impressed, they threw nice size curls, and overall worked very good, i hit a pc of rebar buried in one of them, chipped one tooth and all i had to do was turn it over, about 2 minutes to do so...

Any questions about the teeth, just ask..

p/s my wheel keeps turning when i shut it down, turns at a pretty good clip, any suggestions on how to stop this ????

Thx much, have a great week everybody..:msp_biggrin:
Just lower it into the ground. Quickest and cheapest braking system ever invented.
Have been using Yeller jackets since they were introduced. Had problems over quality and pricing for a while but they are performing well now and the tungsten seems to be a big improvement over some of the early batches.

Just lower it into the ground. Quickest and cheapest braking system ever invented.
Have been using Yeller jackets since they were introduced. Had problems over quality and pricing for a while but they are performing well now and the tungsten seems to be a big improvement over some of the early batches.

Did another 37 stumps in the last 2 days, teeth showing hardly any wear yet, paying 8.00 apiece from vermeer, not to bad considering you actually are getting 2 edges, about the same price for teeth that i was paying for my shaver pto grinder..

Everything i ground last 2 days was fresh cut cedar, sure smells good LOL..

Bob.:):)

How big these stumps you're cutting Old Man Grinder? Sounds like you're giving those teeth a workout! I just put on the Multi-Tip wheel and teeth on mine, so far loving them. I haven't tried the Yellow's, but have used the Pro Series and Sandvik, which were great, just seemed the wheels themselves wore out kinda fast.
Anyway, keep on grindin!

Stumper63

How big these stumps you're cutting Old Man Grinder? Sounds like you're giving those teeth a workout! I just put on the Multi-Tip wheel and teeth on mine, so far loving them. I haven't tried the Yellow's, but have used the Pro Series and Sandvik, which were great, just seemed the wheels themselves wore out kinda fast.
Anyway, keep on grindin!

Stumper63

Hey Stumper..

Everything from 6 in to 4 ft, mostly cedar the last couple of days, i haven't ground any pine yet, that will be the true test, going to do 8-10 tomorrow, don't know what kind of wood until i get there, but the yellow jacket teeth are a big imp over the 1/2 sq ones and so easy to maintain..if i wasn't so old LOL, i would spring for a big grinder but i probably wouldn't live long enough to pay it off, but for now the 252 is doing a good job, the nice thing about the forum is if i have problems with it i know where to turn for answers..

Have a great weekend..

Bob.:smile2::smile2:

Back