Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Vermeer 186 Stump grinder

Discussion in 'Large Equipment' started by peregordusmc, Sep 10, 2010.

1. peregordusmc

peregordusmc ArboristSite Member

Curious to know anyones opinions about the Vermeer 186 stump grinder. Looking to buy a used one come monday. Thanks for all input

2. Plyscamp

Plyscamp ArboristSite Operative

I started my business with a 206 ( Same unit more horsepower ) its a dependable old unit, but short on horsepower. I eventually modified it and put a 25 HP Kohler. It is much easier to use than a Dosko but is still a pretty good work out.

3. peregordusmc

i dont mind a wofrk ot. id i did i wouldnt got into the tree business lol. but what i dont want is one like the vermeer sg1314a like the one home depot rents out. talk about a work out. do u have examples on how fast it will grind a stump out? for example the sg1314a took about 35 minutes to grind a jack pine stump 15 inches in diameter. and thats working that machine as hard as its limits let me.

4. Plyscamp

Plyscamp ArboristSite Operative

With the 18 HP and sharp teeth maybee 10 mlinutes.

5. peregordusmc

Thats not too bad actually. Unfortunately I called this morning to make sure the guy still had it for sale before i went up and looked at it. It was sold. Priced right for me too. 950 bucks. Thanks for you input.

6. stormchaser

stormchaser ArboristSite Lurker

i have a grinder and enclosed trailer set up to hurricane chase it you need one let me know 256-759-4349 i can put you in tree business also