Vermeer 1250 Value and Opinions??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wisconsintreeguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I might trade for a Vermeer 1250 with1000hrs. Think its early 90s with the Perkins Diesel engine. It appears to be in decent condition. I have used this chipper and operates ok but difficult to feed at times. I probably wouldn't be looking at this machine but the trade/deal has me considering it. Any opinions on what this machine is worth and general feelings would be appreciated. Thanks

Have owned one, worked on a couple. Not that counts for much but as far as general thoughts 1k hours is really low for year, I always compare indeed table paint wear to hour meter. The whole package should present like a low hour machine, hour meters break & get changed or just get changed. Check with local dealer see if it’s supported. I’m looking for a machine as well in my area if the hours are legit I’d be in at 9-11k

Have owned one, worked on a couple. Not that counts for much but as far as general thoughts 1k hours is really low for year, I always compare indeed table paint wear to hour meter. The whole package should present like a low hour machine, hour meters break & get changed or just get changed. Check with local dealer see if it’s supported. I’m looking for a machine as well in my area if the hours are legit I’d be in at 9-11k
Thank you for the response. I am not convinced the hour meter is original but its hard to say with the machine being so old and sitting outside. Think I am going to make a deal on it either way. Thanks

Back