Vermeer bc935 hydraulic feed motor problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt toensing

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just bought a Vermeer chipper. It is a great machine (Perkins diesel!). However the other day I blew a gasket in the hydraulic feed motor. No big deal, I ordered new gaskets and installed them. I put the motor back on this morning and the same gasket blew up in the motor!

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is the hydraulic control valve busted? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The BC935 is an awesome machine...previously owned one with the Perkins motor. I regret the day it was sold, now own a BC1000XL.

The feed roller speed control valve has a built in pressure regulator. Not sure on your model, the 1000XL valve has an adjustable pressure limit.

The connectors were corroded and the speed control knob was stuck so I replaced it and the 3 hydraulic lines. The OEM valve was purchased through Amazon for $130.

Since the hydraulic pressure is north of 2500 psi. I would not try a makeshift repair.

Back