Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10-4 I saw a guy on utube drilled 2 holes in bar- threaded rods and 2x6 on top with spacer blocks in between.Used flat beam/ladder for 1st cut then he went to town--looked easy
Yeh there's some good ideas for getting your first cuts done. Do you have your mill yet? What saw you using?

I like it stock--just me--I bet you got a good deal on it. Old tractor is like a old saw--both classic-wellmade-still working after all these years--No machinery will ever be made like it again-Quality----Neil Young playing tonight--music to write by--David--Yall take it easy-don't wanna scare any new people away!!:innocent:

Im gonna leave it alone just make him run and pull again, its no john deere 70 diesel, but its low to the ground and wide so a bit more stable for the job to be done

Yeh there's some good ideas for getting your first cuts done. Do you have your mill yet? What saw you using?
No--That Hutzl sight has mills and stihl 660 copy kit I would like to try. I may try to rig my cs-590 with 24 inch bar and try homemade like above--Remember--I am pretty conservitive with my money--Do not want to destroy my best/newest saw??

Im gonna leave it alone just make him run and pull again, its no john deere 70 diesel, but its low to the ground and wide so a bit more stable for the job to be done
Coworker and I cut up some big downed pines--He pulled stuff with old 8 or 9 n--low gear and let it go--sounded good!!

No--That Hutzl sight has mills and stihl 660 copy kit I would like to try. I may try to rig my cs-590 with 24 inch bar and try homemade like above--Remember--I am pretty conservitive with my money--Do not want to destroy my best/newest saw??
Yeh that's a lot of wear and tear on a saw. I wouldn't personally do it with a 590 but that's me. I don't know about the huztl saws but i know some others in here have tried them.

Latest posts

Back