Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqavarna L77 20 inch bar and 8 tooth rim .404 chain needs to be 2-3 links longer to fit on saw I need 68 links only have 65 link now
The .404
8 tooth rim is on the large side.
Woodblocker55
Woodblocker--changing rims on saws --You a new guy and already trumped me:eek: Only rim I have ever changed is on my 94 Ford ranger cause it got bent!!! I don't get no respect I tell you!!--You and Lonestar will be great together:D

Woodblocker--changing rims on saws --You a new guy and already trumped me:eek: Only rim I have ever changed is on my 94 Ford ranger cause it got bent!!! I don't get no respect I tell you!!--You and Lonestar will be great together:D

I have clutch removal down 1/2 impact.

Woodblocker55

No--That Hutzl sight has mills and stihl 660 copy kit I would like to try. I may try to rig my cs-590 with 24 inch bar and try homemade like above--Remember--I am pretty conservitive with my money--Do not want to destroy my best/newest saw??
I second the Huztl kit idea! For the price, I think they are really hard to beat. I would also like to get a 660 kit for some milling as well, as the 361 is rather under-powered for that task. I will say, there is a bit of troubleshooting required with the kits, but if you have time and like tinker with them, what do you have to lose.

What year is it ? I still can't figure out what year my L77 is. 1974 or 1984.

Woodblocker55

@SawTroll can help, he's great at dating husky's, I've tried on multiple occasions, they only think of me as a friend haha

Did you mean a v671 Detriot!!
Yessir baddest diesel design on the planet!

What about 660s 770s 880s 55 66 77 super 88 ??
Woodblocker55

Alright, those count too, I like em all

I have a husky 268se in a box--I think SE stands for Southern Edition:sweet:

I'll give you 20 bucks plus ride to take it off your hands!

@SawTroll can help, he's great at dating husky's, I've tried on multiple occasions, they only think of me as a friend haha

Look at this guy quoting 3 different people at once!

What chain and bar do you have on it ? I have .404 .063 on 7 tooth 20 inch and waiting on 8 tooth rim to get here. There serious chip creators.
Have you figured out what year they are by serial number ?

Woodblocker55
Just a powerhead sitting on a shelf waiting for the call to hit the bench and see what it will take to get it running.

What year is it ? I still can't figure out what year my L77 is. 1974 or 1984.

Woodblocker55

What does the number plate say?

I'm not very optimistic about dating a model 77 though, for a couple of reasons. Most of them were made before the more or less decodable serial numbers came into use, and the newer ones were made at the Tomos factory in Yugoslavia, where they didn't necessarily follow the Husky number system.

I only paid 25$--Swamp saw --looked like they cut wood walked off and left it lay--Most sand I have ever found in and on a saw but carb was clean--Piston and cyl. good --Will rering -bearing-seal-cases faded from years in sun and rain.. Camp trip I will check on sellers new finds-told him I would be back yearly--lot of logging around the Okeefenokee swamp

Back