Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i ran the ms660 one more time because my tach was being funny for all my saws and its still racing at WOT. It idles perfect and does race when turned in any position. The only time it loses it is at WOT it goes up to around 16k RPM which is not good for that saw. Could it be the H screw is messed up and needs a new carb? I plan to take it in for vacuum/pressure testing because it could probably used being checked anyways. Thoughts?

That tag is inconclusive, as it

1) doesn't say "made in" on it but then the early ones didn't

2) doesn't say Tomos and/or Yugoslavia on it.

Most likely it is a Swedish tag though, but I don't really know if some early Tomos ones looked the same, I dont think anyone does know for sure today.

Here's a typical Tomos tag:View attachment 560351
Well you would say it's for sure a 1974 and made in Sweden before yogisovia models?
This dating always confused me with this saw but I don't understand what the A77 was . And some places just say 77 when looking for parts . So there's the A77 L77 ss77 how they fall in to dates I don't know.

Woodblocker55

i ran the ms660 one more time because my tach was being funny for all my saws and its still racing at WOT. It idles perfect and does race when turned in any position. The only time it loses it is at WOT it goes up to around 16k RPM which is not good for that saw. Could it be the H screw is messed up and needs a new carb? I plan to take it in for vacuum/pressure testing because it could probably used being checked anyways. Thoughts?
Sounds like air leak if you can't get the Rpms down by tuning. I think as you thought, your dealer will v/p test and figure where it's coming from.

I had an 024 just a bit ago that the impulse line was rotted off, it would run but no matter how rich u tuned it it was wind up tight. The impule being rotted off not only creates a vacuum leak but since it isnt pulsing the metering diaphragm it doesnt pump fuel correct, so double whammy

I had an 024 just a bit ago that the impulse line was rotted off, it would run but no matter how rich u tuned it it was wind up tight. The impule being rotted off not only creates a vacuum leak but since it isnt pulsing the metering diaphragm it doesnt pump fuel correct, so double whammy
Great info guys I appreciate y'all. I'll check the lines tomorrow and see what's up. If that's it then I may wait to do p/v check until I have my own tool

Well you would say it's for sure a 1974 and made in Sweden before yogisovia models?
This dating always confused me with this saw but I don't understand what the A77 was . And some places just say 77 when looking for parts . So there's the A77 L77 ss77 how they fall in to dates I don't know.

Woodblocker55

All I know is what I already told - but some IPLs are here, http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/husqvarna/77chainsaw.html

Note that Husky IPLs from before 1972 usually aren't available - but it doesn't go nearly that far back with other brands.

All I know is what I already told - but some IPLs are here, http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/husqvarna/77chainsaw.html

Note that Husky IPLs from before 1972 usually aren't available - but it doesn't go nearly that far back with other brands.
Thanks for all the info .. You helped alot in cracking the code . My saws bit older then I thought . It's amazing saw. That's a awesome link thanks. lm just amazed points haven't crapped out on me yet.. knock on wood (knock knock ) .. I emailed the huskavarna museum in Sweden . it's a long shot it was in English.

Woodblocker55

I just ordered a new dremel tool. So my wife may kill me. Kensie and Cody are appointed to seeing my saws get fair value and equally distributed lol.

I'll be done buying saws for a while now. Have a trade deal to do and that'll be all that's left for me is trade deals and parts unless I can find insane deals and maybe flip a saw for once lol.

I got a 35 chainsaw . Goofy looking saw . Has this sticker on it . It's got bit more power then I thought it would. Has low profile 3/8 but talk about super light. it's 1989 it's a copy to Polan style saw. Talk about loud and shake . lol I got it all fixed up. Brother in law used it and let just now needs more work.

Woodblocker55

Attachments

• 20170225_000416-1~2.jpg
    20170225_000416-1~2.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 4
I just ordered a new dremel tool. So my wife may kill me. Kensie and Cody are appointed to seeing my saws get fair value and equally distributed lol.

I'll be done buying saws for a while now. Have a trade deal to do and that'll be all that's left for me is trade deals and parts unless I can find insane deals and maybe flip a saw for once lol.
RIP--I am standing at my mailbox--What model dremel--as in to port /remove cyl. material --PS I sure am gonna miss that guy!!:drinkingcoffee:

I got a 35 chainsaw . Goofy looking saw . Has this sticker on it . It's got bit more power then I thought it would. Has low profile 3/8 but talk about super light. it's 1989 it's a copy to Polan style saw. Talk about loud and shake . lol I got it all fixed up. Brother in law used it and let just now needs more work.

Woodblocker55
What a history--guns-sewing machines-chainsaws and what else??

Woodblocker55
You said 35 --I was thinking Old 35 Mcculloch--I just started getting into them--weird carb-lotsa linkages,flaps etc-about like a 1949 evinrude zephyr carb--must have 150 parts . I will post a pic one day and blow yalls minds-of corse somes minds are already blown:chop:YEP--WE GOT ALL KINDS HERE!!

Latest posts

Back