Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they can paint them add decals--not so much woodworking--IT WILL BE FUN-those are the times you never forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being a dad:sweet:
God first - Family second - I am juggling the job and CAD which part they go in right now though lol. I love my family so much. I try to be as much a part of my boys lives as possible. That's what got me more into saws was learning to work on them so I can pass it down to them. Both my boys love working on them with me. Boomer has helped me lots with getting project saws :) an 041 and soon a 015

Well they can paint them add decals--not so much woodworking--IT WILL BE FUN-those are the times you never forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being a dad:sweet:
Oh no my older son has a coping saw he adores lol. I plan to put the wood block in a vise and let them help me some with the dremel. They are good with tools and respect their power...sometimes :)

Great Ill be sending you my 660 for testing lol
haha, that works for me! I should warn you that you may not get it back! The huztl 660 kits have been starting to eat away at me lately. I keep on telling myself I don't need ANY more saws. If I get any more, some are going to have to go into storage, which is not something I want to do.

haha, that works for me! I should warn you that you may not get it back! The huztl 660 kits have been starting to eat away at me lately. I keep on telling myself I don't need ANY more saws. If I get any more, some are going to have to go into storage, which is not something I want to do.
Id have to go all Dog the Bounty Hunter on youlol

I would say more important than compression tester--have a craftsman--new-never used in 10 years--I feel compression-look at exhaust-intake ports for problems--David
Gosh totally agree with that! Used my compression tester once and it gives me those wonky values for small engines. Should have bought the pressure/vac to begin with.

Gosh totally agree with that! Used my compression tester once and it gives me those wonky values for small engines. Should have bought the pressure/vac to begin with.
I think a p/v tester is next on my list. It seems to be a pretty pertinent and valuable tool in this trade.

God first - Family second - I am juggling the job and CAD which part they go in right now though lol. I love my family so much. I try to be as much a part of my boys lives as possible. That's what got me more into saws was learning to work on them so I can pass it down to them. Both my boys love working on them with me. Boomer has helped me lots with getting project saws :) an 041 and soon a 015
100% in agreement on that--Keep leading your family--Husband-Dad-Be a man after Gods own heart---A man of integrity---I pray for families--all of them in this world--Yall all included--Even a single guy is a family and has a family--Some people go through this life and never see the true value,gift of the loved ones you have been given-Be kind to one another--David--I could write a book I guess about this subject------David

I think a p/v tester is next on my list. It seems to be a pretty pertinent and valuable tool in this trade.
Yes, I think it should be well worth the investment. I went a different route than I usually do, and bought the Mityvac instead of a cheapo one.

WooHOO somebody agrees with me!! I sort of laugh when people check compression on other threads--ITS low--arrrrrrrr--Tear saw all to peices --It all looks great????--Never bad to start with:eek:

Yes, I think it should be well worth the investment. I went a different route than I usually do, and bought the Mityvac instead of a cheapo one.
I plan to do the mightyvac as well :) I have it saved in my amazon lists lol. $50 isn't bad compared to what the dealers will probably charge and for something that could save you hundreds in damages.

WooHOO somebody agrees with me!! I sort of laugh when people check compression on other threads--ITS low--arrrrrrrr--Tear saw all to peices --It all looks great????--Never bad to start with:eek:
First tool I bought after joining this site lol. I have 2 and I still enjoy the readings. its funny because its my boy's favorite tool to us eon the saw lol. I tyhink they enjoy watching me work yanking on thos epull cords over and over for every saw they want to work on lol

Heck-One of my xl12 homelites been running great-Pulled muffler to clean fins and see piston kinda scored---Been that way a long time-I run a heavy oil ratio-gonna keep on running it til something changes

It could be fun to see some ## But I would then want to see specs also--Heavier oil ratio could raise compression I think--dry piston from old saw may be low anyway--Like I said we got all kinds here(COOL HAND LUKE--Its one of my favorite movies--Get the dvd if you never heard or saw it--Has anybody seen it????

It could be fun to see some ## But I would then want to see specs also--Heavier oil ratio could raise compression I think--dry piston from old saw may be low anyway--Like I said we got all kinds here(COOL HAND LUKE--Its one of my favorite movies--Get the dvd if you never heard or saw it--Has anybody seen it????
No I haven't seen the movie, just looked it up and it seems really good. I will have to put it on the ever growing list of movies to watch lol.

Latest posts

Back