want to build a logosol anyone do this with pics ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been away from the wife and kid a lot the past couple months, so I haven't done much of anything in the shop lately.
work =i hope , merry christmas we are going out to eat this morning maybe i can sneak to tractor supply get some pulleys

Nope, recovering from some neck medical procedures and hunting. :D
well i know how that is i just went back to work 2 weeks ago from back surgery 2 blown discs and i was off hunting as well . but, our season is over and i am tagged out so its back to cutting wood . hope your recovery goes well

IMG_0567.JPG here's mine don't mind look on my face i was on meds at the time . first time i killed a deer and didn't gut it myself

Nice buck!

My neck is loosening up again, and the post-procedure aches are subsiding (chronic sharp pain is gone). This was my second round of the nerve ablations, so I know what to expect for the most part - I planned the down time to coincide with bow season, and will be back in action working "next year" after the tax year ends and I can get some inventory built up without having to pay the man for it in asset taxes.

Aside from crappy weather when I've managed to get some stand time in, I've had a very good fall. I'll be back in the woods Saturday looking for fresh sign and big antlers. Our archery season runs til last light on the 31st. I did pass on 4 deer holding out for a monster back in November. I don't know that I'll be so forgiving of the next shooter who gets in range. :)

couldn't find bearings i was looking for so i ordered some v-bearings and regular bearings will be 8 bearings on my rail . bottom ones will be adjustable 4 in top 4 0n both sides and adjustable 2 v- block on bottom

Nice buck!

My neck is loosening up again, and the post-procedure aches are subsiding (chronic sharp pain is gone). This was my second round of the nerve ablations, so I know what to expect for the most part - I planned the down time to coincide with bow season, and will be back in action working "next year" after the tax year ends and I can get some inventory built up without having to pay the man for it in asset taxes.

Aside from crappy weather when I've managed to get some stand time in, I've had a very good fall. I'll be back in the woods Saturday looking for fresh sign and big antlers. Our archery season runs til last light on the 31st. I did pass on 4 deer holding out for a monster back in November. I don't know that I'll be so forgiving of the next shooter who gets in range. :)
got some pics up what do you think ! built it from metal i will load logs with tractor and pig pole . i will drag all my wood to mill we have no flat ground here .

IMG_0633.JPG wish my bearings was here i would be milling wood ! i am using 3" c channel for rail 12 foot long cant wait to try it out !

What size is your square crossmember between the ends? Looks like it might be a little on the light side, but other than that it looks great!

What size is your square crossmember between the ends? Looks like it might be a little on the light side, but other than that it looks great!
i dont know what you're referring to out on loading side ? it is 1/8" 1x1 square stock . i am going to lag bolt all 4 legs to 4x4s rest of frame metal is 1/4" 1x3 c- channel and 1/4 " 2x2 angle

I zoomed in and see now (on my phone). You should be good for a lot of weight.
i been tweaking and messing with it! i took off 50 foot cable i only have 4-1/2 foot cable on winches now will be no movement . i may not even need to use all my holes! i was surprised i get 1/16 of inch movement on bar per click pretty precise for from the winch i was worried about that i doubt i will need use holes at all ! i painted it blue today . and pulled 12 logs off hill.

IMG_0647.JPG guys i thought i would show you something i made to pull logs with atv i have a utv but, its to hard to maneuver it in woods. i have a 400 suzuki 4x4 and it does not work the atv at all! or push it going down hill. i pull almost all downhill some uphill pulls but ,short ones and it works great! i am on steep ground some of the logs are 12ft long 19-20 across IMG_0646.JPG IMG_0646.JPG IMG_0646.JPG IMG_0648.JPG IMG_0648.JPG IMG_0648.JPG IMG_0649.JPG IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0645.JPG IMG_0644.JPG IMG_0643.JPG IMG_0652.JPG IMG_0654.JPG

(After watching the vids)

I've seen those mills many times, milling logs at shows and to be honest, I never could see why anyone would want one of those, when they could have had a small BSM for similar money or build time.

BUT, I think log o saw should find that Rusky and hire him! lol I like his better than theirs!

SR

What they charge for the M8 is nuts! As PH has demonstrated (quite gracefully at that), you can build something similar in a day.

BSM is obviously going to out produce any CSM, but they're far more complicated to construct due to more moving and precisely located parts. You're also not going to move one around over rough terrain on foot. So the M8 and it's siblings do have their uses.

Haven't been on here is a long time . Need to make that my new years resolution , get on arboristsite more !!! I am glad I stumbled onto this build ! The lifting mechanism on this build is brilliant !!!! What are the LB ratings on the boat wenches ? Whole build looks awesome !!!

Latest posts

Back