Weird or Unusual things in/on saws/pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a chainsaw, but; was there room with all this dirt in the deflector for an abrasive wheel?!?20160108_055051.jpgNotice the unapproved use of a 12" wire knot wheel? They get that back NOT on the saw. They use them to clean out road seams to reseal them. I do of course advise them how dangerous those unapproved wheels are.

Had a guy bring a saw in, put it on the counter and maggots came crawling out.

He had used it to cut up a moose some time back and never cleaned it. Needless to say, it went back with him!
Thats gross.
Did you look at him suspiciously...like;...so....
where's your wife these days?

That's what chipper/shredders are for!!!
Yeah! Like Fargo the movie!
Best one I had is a green poulan did start sometimes but didn't run much and would smoke bad when it did run. Out of fuel. Chain on backwards. Ran good once the fuel tank had the fuel in and not the oil tank
Wow. Seen that several times too.
I got a Solo saw that was an iLube model recently. (Auto oil Injection) It had diesel in the green color capped 2-stroke oil tank, and mixed gas in the tank that was supposed to contain straight gas. Lol
Smoked like freight train. Then I smelled that beautiful reek of diesel. Uh oh! Kill'in me smalls!

Sounds like one of my old mowers. It was so wore out that it ran better on kerosene than it did gas. But it wouldn't start cold on kerosene. Had to soak the air filter in gas. After I got a new mower I drained the oil out of the old mower and over filled it with water and ran it. Thought it was gunna lock up but didn't. Just chew the rod journal out. It's fun Killin engines

Sounds like one of my old mowers. It was so wore out that it ran better on kerosene than it did gas. But it wouldn't start cold on kerosene. Had to soak the air filter in gas. After I got a new mower I drained the oil out of the old mower and over filled it with water and ran it. Thought it was gunna lock up but didn't. Just chew the rod journal out. It's fun Killin engines

> It's fun Killin engines

had to laff at that one! but imo, maybe not always fun! especially if inadvertently you be Killin' it ~ as I have run them on air in the crankcase... :D Briggs.

was into changing its oil one time, trusty ol Snapper... drained it, got bissee so put it up in shed. forgot about no oil! :rolleyes: as it was a while before I mowed again. started it up... and it ran well for a while. then quit. hmm.. ??? started up, ran... then quit... I was continuing with the mowing... FD&H! [fat, dumb and happy!] did it again, but got bit noisy this time. hmm... decided to ck oil!!! :eek: eek, ! there was none to check! so put some in... haha, dint run too well... had to get other mower... and a new engine. so it goes! Moral:

if I ever do that again, put label on: NO OIL!

Back