What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0b094ebf44b188d888faf8a6f227eab8.jpg
e76d3e62936956757a3952e24225a2db.jpg
c3a0e8df8d6a11f1874fd0f5f6bd9eb0.jpg

Ok pound the steak flat 1/2", olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic, picked asparagus, prosciutto and provolone. Slice into pin wheels across the muscle. Seer both ends then put on a pan in Traeger for 20 min at 350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, if you remember a couple weeks ago I posted about starting my Vastrami.
Well, today was the day. Smoking day...

Rinsed, and trimmed a little more of the silver skin off
IMG_20170130_123632427.jpg

Patted dry, then rubbed with coarse sea salt, (sparingly, don't like 'em too salty), coarse black pepper, and granulated onion and garlic powder. Two of them had a generous amount of ground mustard added to the rub for some additional kick. Onto the GMG with 100% hickory pellets.
IMG_20170130_130543113.jpg

Pulled when they hit a IT of 130*. Then onto a rack over a aluminum pan with beef broth, covered tightly in foil, and into the oven. Steamed to a IT of 152*.

Hear they are sitting on a rack to cool after steaming.
IMG_20170130_164612498.jpg

I'll post up some slicing pics tomorrow. Man does this stuff smell good... notice the little one over the aluminum pan is missing the left corner. You'll have to trust me, it tastes good too.

Ok, if you remember a couple weeks ago I posted about starting my Vastrami.
Well, today was the day. Smoking day...

Rinsed, and trimmed a little more of the silver skin offView attachment 554958

Patted dry, then rubbed with coarse sea salt, (sparingly, don't like 'em too salty), coarse black pepper, and granulated onion and garlic powder. Two of them had a generous amount of ground mustard added to the rub for some additional kick. Onto the GMG with 100% hickory pellets.
View attachment 554959

Pulled when they hit a IT of 130*. Then onto a rack over a aluminum pan with beef broth, covered tightly in foil, and into the oven. Steamed to a IT of 152*.

Hear they are sitting on a rack to cool after steaming.
View attachment 554962

I'll post up some slicing pics tomorrow. Man does this stuff smell good... notice the little one over the aluminum pan is missing the left corner. You'll have to trust me, it tastes good too.
Those look great! I could eat that every day.
Here's some beef Pastrami I did earlier this year.
It didn't suck.

Ready for the smoker
image.jpg

As it came off of the smoker
image.jpg

Cooled, sliced and ready to eat.
image.jpg

D constructed backstrap kabobs, it's too much trouble to poke all that stuff on a skewer. The apple smoked bacon wrapped seasoned backstrap nuggets were grilled first and moved to the upper deck while the evoo, janes crazy mixed up salt, fresh ground Italian Herb Spice marinated onions grilled underneath and bathed the meat in that smoke/steam......................... barely any leftovers .............

0129172150 (1).jpg

D constructed backstrap kabobs, it's too muck trouble to poke all that stuff on a skewer. The apple smoked bacon wrapped seasoned backstrap nuggetes were grilled first and moved to the upper deck while the evoo, janes crazy mixed up salt, fresh ground Italian Herb Spice marinated onions grilled underneath and bathed the meat in that smoke/steam.........................there was barely any leftovers .............

View attachment 555221
Sounds great. Got any pics?

Sounds great. Got any pics?

skewed the bacon to the backstrap w water soaked toothpicks and grilled them like small steaks. Onions stirred in the grill pan; next time I'll add peppers,mushrooms, etc. and stir/fry/grill them instead of spending 20 mins. of prep making skewers.

Back